For over 30 years, the Kentucky Lottery has earned more than $6.4 billion for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Our mission is fueling imagination and funding education for all Kentuckians. For nearly two decades, the largest chunk of proceeds – over $4.4 billion, has gone to funding programs to help Kentucky students stay home and attend college. We have continued to break records – earning over $1 billion in sales every fiscal year since ‘17 to continue to support these important programs.
As a company that was voted Best Places to Work in 2022 & 2021, our team and company values are what makes the difference to college students all across Kentucky.
The Kentucky Lottery’s Core Values:
- Integrity – We do the right thing.
- Accountability – We are accountable to the Governor, the General Assembly, the people of the Commonwealth and to each other.
- Social Responsibility – We are a good corporate citizen, giving back to the community.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We value and respect our colleagues, our customers, and the communities we serve.
- Teamwork – We believe in collaboration and the strength of people coming together to achieve something great.
- Innovation – We embrace innovation, working to proactively see opportunities.
- Fun – We have fun at work and enjoy a positive work environment.
We want to make winners out of our players, retailers, college students and our employees. We are looking for the best talent to join our winning team.
The Validations Coordinator (Claims Representative) provides exemplary customer service and creates a positive experience for both players and retailers. Validates winning tickets and processes claim information. Generates payments for prizes won through the iLottery channel. Answers retailer and player questions or problems concerning instant and online products via telephone. Assists with resolving issues from customer service database transferred from third party vendor.
- Validates winning tickets and processes claim information from walk-in customers and via telephone from cashing agents. Reconciles information from paper forms to computer inputs. Assists with tracking claim information by scanning documentation or filing paperwork.
- Processes mailed in tickets and works with KLC Security to reconstruct damaged tickets.
- Processes check payments for iLottery wins.
- Answers retailer and player questions or problems concerning validations/claims on instant and online products. Assists retailers with validation issues. Monitors and resolves issues from customer service database.
- Assists Lead AP/Validations Coordinator in reconciling monthly purchase card (P-Card) transactions
- Maintains retention records for claims and associated paperwork handled by Validations department. Maintains department inventory of paper stock and promotional items.
- Provides support as needed to AP/Validations Coordinators within department.
- Assists Manager, A/P, Validations & Retail Accounting on issuing checks for withheld funds to other government agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, A/P, Validations, & Retail Accounting.
Incumbent must possess the following combination of knowledge and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Experience as a bank teller a plus but not required.
- Minimum of one-year experience using PC applications and spreadsheet software, word processing and calculating skills required.
- Minimum of two-years successful telephone/customer service experience.
- Must have experience with Internet navigation.
- Must be tactful, articulate and display above average customer service skills.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Must have excellent attention to detail
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Office environment (no hybrid or remote work)
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Standing or sitting: Continuous
- Moving: Frequent
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Continuous
- Pulling and Stretching: Continuous
- Talking and hearing: Continuous
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use a computer: Continuous
- Sitting for long periods of time: Continuous
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our staff as safe as possible, we've provided PPE including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant spray as well as instituted policies concerning social distancing in the workplace.
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you willing and able to work in an office setting during normal business hours (8am - 5pm) Monday - Friday each week, with no option for remote or hybrid work?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- claims processing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person