- Bachelor’s Degree in Intelligence, Security Management, Business Administration, or analytical field - or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing collateral, SCI and/or special access security programs
- 3+ years of experience interpreting and enforcing security requirements of the NISPOM, ICD, ICPG, Executive Orders, and other Agency specific regulations as it pertains to personnel security
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, delivering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world to include the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC).
The AWS Security, Special Programs Group (SPG) operating within the AWS Security, is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing Amazon’s National Industrial Security Program (NISP). As a Personnel Security Officer supporting the AWS NISP, you will join a team of industry-leading security experts working with the U.S. Government to operate and continuously improve industry-leading personnel security programs and processes. AWS Security requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and focus on quality and execution. This Personnel Security Officer will have a personnel security background, a strong track record of leading security programs within cleared facilities, demonstrable program/project management, and a deep understanding of government security programs, processes, and requirements.
Among other duties, the Personnel Security Officer will:
- Ensure personnel security programs are developed and operated in accordance with internal and customer security policies and practices
- Develop, track, and report on key program performance metrics
- Continuously monitor processes and drive improvements in efficiency and quality of our personnel security programs
- Engage with AWS and customer leadership teams on a regular basis
- Demonstrated proficiency with the full suite of MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal day-to-day guidance and have the ability to own problems through to resolution
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily
- The ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration
- Possess self-drive to keep things moving forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age