Digsite is seeking an exceptional full-stack Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our team for a remote or on-site hire in Madison, WI. The position requires an experienced full-stack developer with a passion for creating a great product and flexibility to take on a variety of roles depending on the immediate needs of the team and platform.
Your primary focus will be working on a Rails 4.2 application with a Postgresql database. You should be comfortable writing object-oriented code and working with the full stack. We use RSpec for test driven development, GitHub for issue tracking and code reviews, Semaphore for builds, and Elastic Beanstalk for deployments.
- Write and maintain readable, reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Integrate with data stores using Postgres and Redis
- Integration of user-facing elements using HAML, ERB, and Coffeescript
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization with the assistance of Code Climate
- Conducts research and provides recommendations for new components, tools, or techniques to build or enhance functionality.
- Works closely with design, customer success and testing team to ensure quality user experiences
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as ERB and SLIM
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, we use SASS
- Ability to engage in a TDD environment using RSpec
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, we use Git and a standard Gitflow model
- Familiarity with continuous integration. We use Semaphore to monitor builds and Elastic Beanstalk’s CLI for deployments
- Experience with web application development using MVP frameworks and technology stacks, with significant experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, changing start-up environment.
- Live in WI, IL, MN or IA and able to commute for weekly or bi-monthly on-site meetings
- Base salary of $80-100k, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- PTO and paid company holidays
- Company health insurance plan
- Digsite is fast-growing company and an emerging leader in agile qualitative market research. We work with leading brands, including Dannon, Sub-Zero, American Family Insurance, Sony Interactive and more.
- You will be part of a company with an exciting vision – To empower companies to use agile consumer insights to build better innovations, faster.
- You’ll be a part of the collaborative team where you thoughts and ideas make a significant impact on the business
Digsite’s mission is to be the leader in delivering agile market insights. Companies today need more better iterative market research tools to make decisions faster! The Digsite platform allows marketers to identify a group of target consumers and collaborate with them as they develop new products or marketing programs. The user experience of our platform looks and feels familiar – like the social media sites people use everyday on their smart phones, tablets and computers. However, Digsite offers automation and NLP to make it fast and easy to set-up, manage and get reporting, as well as proprietary tools to manage conversations, build surveys, mark-up images, capture video and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- full stack development: 3 years (Required)