CU Boulder's College of Music invites applications for an HR and Accounting Technician to provide broad human resources and accounting support.
Who We Are
The College of Music, founded in 1920, is recognized as one of the top comprehensive music schools in the country. The College of Music offers seven degree programs in over 28 fields of study, at the bachelor’s level through the doctorate. Our dedicated and supportive community of 550 degree-seeking students, 68 full-time faculty, 30 part-time faculty, and 27 professional, technical and administrative staff produces over 350 performances and numerous guest lectures, master-classes, and outreach events each year.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
College of Music Financial Support
- Develop, manage and support budget requests and reports for the College of Music.
- Process journal entries, cash deposits/transfers, and other financial transactions.
- Review fund balances, recommend financial allocations, and support fiscal year end activities.
College of Music Human Resources Support
- Under direction of the Assistant Dean for Budget and Finance, process contracts for lecturers.
- Prepare documentation for payroll to hire and process lecturers, TAs, and student employees.
- Process hiring paperwork for student employees and train new student employees on timesheet processes.
- Work with the HRSC to communication and ensure hiring and payroll are completed efficiently and effectively for the College.
Other College of Music Support
- Support Youth Piano Instruction Program and other College of Music activities.
- Provide customer service to people coming through the Dean's Office, including walk-ins and phone calls.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting annual salary for this position is $43,020.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of experience related to the position. Substitution: appropriate education will substitute for the required experience for a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications, collaboration, and problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to situations that arise on a day-to-day basis with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and trusting working relationships with faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and geographical differences-with ability to work well with faculty, staff and students from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Higher education experience using CU Business Applications, such as PeopleSoft Finance, Concur, HCM, CU Marketplace, and/or Cognos.
- Experience with contract accounting and management.
- Previous experience with payroll and human resources.
- General understanding of the rules and regulations that drive university processes (e.g. Fiscal Code of Ethics, procurement rules, hiring processes).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants