Tesla is seeking a Supervisor Helpdesk Support to lead our growing team in Las Vegas and Fremont, reporting to our Sr. Manager of IT Support. The ideal candidate will have a strong, working background in managing a medium to large centralized helpdesk and/or desktop infrastructure support. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in desktop technologies, emerging trends, and Helpdesk Management or Desktop Support. Success in the position will require exceptional communication skills, multi-tasking and troubleshooting abilities. Additionally, the IT Helpdesk Supervisor will work closely with the technology staff in all offices to implement initiatives across the enterprise. Periodic travel and after-hours work will be required.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a growing team of Helpdesk support technicians.
- Facilitate employee development by coaching, motivating and leading by example to obtain new skill sets, knowledge and troubleshooting techniques.
- Oversee the daily activities of a team in a call center-like environment, supporting all IT Help Desk functions along with supporting the IT operations department by participating in projects and other tasks.
- Participate and take a leadership role in resolving all high severity IT incidents.
- Managing incidents by working with the rest of the IT operational organization, handling escalations, and generating reports for management review.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports and work with the stake-holders to address them.
- Prepare and maintain procedures and guides for end users and IT staff.
- Improve user awareness of IT services, by coordinating all training, documentation, and communication initiatives.
- Drive the effort to continuously provide world class IT support to Tesla’s user community.
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, with ability to lead, train, develop, and motivate a team.
- 4 years Management experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to enhancing both internal and external customer focus; ability to provide timely feedback related to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to positively lead a team, in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively handle shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- BS Degree in CS/equivalent or combination of education and relevant experience.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program