BOX TRUCK DRIVER in the BRONX, NYC Area
Who is Connect/One:
Connect/One is a residential, commercial, MDU, and underground telecommunications contractor supporting the needs of major service providers in the telecommunication industry. We provide a complete infrastructure for all cabling installations, maintenance and upgrades as needed.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in addition to other assignments as directed.
- Take orders for delivery of items from one place to another
- Assist in loading the box truck with deliverable items and ensure that they are safely secured for transport
- Plan appropriate routes by using conventional maps and or GPS
- Drive box truck on approved routes, meeting delivery commitments
- Remap routes in case of road block brought on due to accidents or bad weather etc..
- Assist in unloading and placing items in recipient in desired areas
- Schedule preventative and general maintenance on the truck’s engine and box area
- Periodically verify registration and insurance are current with DOT
- Adhere to all DOT regulations
Must have the ability to obtain DOT medical card
- Report any incident or accident while on the route in a prompt manner
- Follow all appropriate traffic laws both local and state
- Report serious and non serious mechanical problems to the managers immediately
Additional daily warehouse assignments as directed
Demonstrate ability to independently perform basic tasks described above
Full time position (days)
Valid clean driver’s license
Have the ability to perform simple mathematics verifying counts and inventory
2 years’ experience driving a 20+-foot box truck
Pass a Panel Drug screening; returning a “negative” result, conduct an extensive criminal background check including but not limited to: public record search, valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle report, county criminal, multi-state criminal records locator, state criminal, national sex offender, federal criminal, social media sources, previous employment verification(s) and tri-bureau credit check.
$14.00 per hour
High School Diploma or its equivalent.
***Zaloumis Contracting Service DBA Connect/One is an equal opportunity employer.