We are creating a culture of service. We empower others to grow, rise and give back – accelerating positive change in the world. We lead with the heart to bring out the best in you – which brings out the best in us. We do well so we can do good.
Serve Others, Enrich Lives, Rise Together and Give Back
Reporting to the Center Manager, the Production Supervisor is the first management level in production operations. The Supervisor is involved in the daily management and development of team members. As the first hierarchy on the shop floor, the Supervisor plays a very key and critical role in operational performance. He/she is responsible for the management of the shift and direct staff, the management of production and quality of the product that is produced within the shift in line with the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures. The Production Supervisor role is continually evolving; and therefore other duties may be assigned as dictated by the company.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, lead, coach and direct team leaders and labor with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to UAP Manager.
- Plan headcount (absences, holidays, training, workshops, etc.)
- Complete Attendance Register daily.
- Complete ADP data entry daily (i.e., approve employee time and update employee schedules).
- Direct standardized work audits and ensure respect of Standardized Work within team.
- Work with Team Leaders to schedule rotation of Operators.
- Liaise with support functions (maintenance, HSE, quality, etc.) and GAPs to resolve build issues and prevent recurrence.
- Oversee re-work when required.
- Manage the closure of line QRCI’s and coach team leader to react and resolve issues independently.
- Ensures team members are respecting principles of 7 Quality Basics (OK First Part, Poka Yoke, Self-inspection, Final Inspection, Red Bins, Rework Undercontrol, QRCI)
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, 5S and good housekeeping practices.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Encourage, and follow up on Improvement ideas
- Liaise with support functions when improvement Ideas cannot be implemented by the team.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Conduct disciplinary, return to work and performance evaluation interviews with team members.
- Validate operator polyvalence levels and set polyvalence targets each week
- Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company
The ideal candidate will have/possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED mandatory
- At least (5) five or more years’ experience supervising others in operations, JIT or automotive/manufacturing operations in Tier One or OEM industries.
Gratitude * Integrity * Fun * Teamwork * Excellence * Diversity &
Respect * Innovation * Commitment * Humility
“GIFTED people & RICH culture”