Position: Optometry Assistant
We are a private optometry practice in need of a motivated, friendly, service-oriented, team-player and self directing optometry assistant. The tasks will range from front desk administrative work (answering phones, booking appointments, checking patients in, etc) to insurance billing, frame fitting/dispensing, and other optometry-related duties. A minimum of two years experience in the optometric field is required. Office hours do vary so flexibility in schedule preferred. We would also like flexibility toward expanding hours in near future or covering occasional hours at other office location. Please forward us your resume if you feel that you'd be a good fit for our team!
1. Administrative: Maintains records, performs bookkeeping, correspondence, scheduling patients, filing, and various office tasks. Insurance billing and file claims, insurance verification, and ability to successfully post insurance.
2. Customer Care and Services: Patient registration and scheduling. Greet patients in waiting area: prepare patients for eye exams; assist patients in select frame and eyewear selections; dispense eyewear and contact lens; assure patient flow runs smoothly and efficiently.
3. Optical: Check-in/out lab order entry, maintains quality control. Select appropriate patient eyewear and deliver lens product sales. This involves selecting appropriate lens styles, tints and coatings, basic lens knowledge, lensometry reading, prismatic effect, and understanding the complete prescription.
Job Skill Requirements
1. Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal, telephone, and communication skills.
2. Responsible and reliable, strong work ethic.
3. High school diploma required, at least 2 years training programs at vocational schools or community colleges.
4. Ability to effectively communicate well with doctors and work well in a team oriented office.
5. Great attention to details, excellent time management, and ability to multi-task.
6. Ability to solve problems well and have good conflict resolutions skills.
7. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Proficiency in English is mandatory. Ability to read and write medical terminology, specifically related to optometry.
8. Knowledge in basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records. Compulink Software familiarity preferred.
9. Knowledge in optometry patient care & vision insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $28,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: