Holiday Inn Club Vacations Incorporated looks for individuals who excel in their role and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our guests, owners, and team members. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We’re looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
To prepare and develop tomorrow’s leaders, the Resort Industry Student Experience (RISE) internship program provides the structure and resources to harness, teach, and grow talented students into successful career professionals through an immersive, holistic, and dynamic learning experience in the hospitality industry. All internships will consist of hands on work, observations, special projects, leadership development, training, feedback and evaluations. Students will have the opportunity to form connections with both their peers and industry leaders who are in roles in both their own department and others within the company.
The activities intern will be responsible for the successful execution of activities and events by consistently monitoring resort activity programs, special events and entertainment. This individual will engage with owners and guests creating memorable vacation moments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS
- Actively communicates activities and events to all Owners and Guests. Also, ensures excellent customer service as it relates to our activities and functions property – wide.
- Monitors all activities to ensure the safety and security of all Owners and Guests.
- Assists in the planning and execution of resort activities and events.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with children and families.
- Student pursuing a degree in Communications, Business, Event Management, Hospitality Management or any related area of study.
- Experience working in hospitality, food & beverage, hotel operations or related area is a plus.
- Is currently enrolled in a college/university course or has graduated in the past six months
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in current good standing with the college/university.
- Must be able to secure housing in the location of the internship for the duration of the internship.
- Must be able to pass and complete a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be able to complete entire program without interruptions.
- Proven participation in clubs, sports, volunteerism, or extra-curricular activities strongly desired.
- Experience in a theme park, parks and recreation, hospitality or resort. environment are desired.
- Outgoing personality and eagerness to create fun is required.
- Working outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Some computer usage.
- Ability to swim and participate in water activities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Specific work assignments may change without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Schedules will vary depending on business needs, and may entail working nights, weekends and holidays. Must be flexible to work outside of departmental operating hours.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship