Performs advanced (senior-level) work associated with the agency information technology (IT) telecommunications networks and computing infrastructure (hardware, software, security, performance, and planning). Work involves coordinating activities associated with local and wide area networks; planning, designing, and integrating data telecommunications networks, policy development, training, monitoring and analysis of existing hardware and software; and evaluating potential infrastructure enhancements. May assign the work of others. Works under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Technical Services Supervisor.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major course work in Computer Science, Data Processing, Management Information Systems, or related field is required. (Relevant work experience, in excess of the required three years experience listed below, may be substituted for college on a year-for-year basis.) OR Graduation from a two-year Technical College with major coursework in networking is required.
- Three years experience in Microsoft server management is required.
- Three years experience with WAN and Ethernet LAN management is required.
- Three years experience administering Active Directory Services and Domain Name Services is required.
- Three years experience supporting and troubleshooting server hardware and components is required.
- One year experience with hardware virtualization technologies (such as VMware or Microsoft) is required.
- Experience in support of personal computer hardware and software (this experience must include Windows, electronic mail, cabling systems) is preferred.
- Experience with Storage Area Networks is preferred.
- Experience with Voice over IP telephony technologies is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Lync/Skype For Business server administration is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange server administration is preferred.
- Experience with network and endpoint security software is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows PowerShell administration and scripting is preferred.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays and travel for work-related purposes as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of networks, network management, systems, and application security and of personal computer hardware and software.
- Thorough knowledge of domain and network design and topologies.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Extensive knowledge of microcomputers and peripherals.
- Extensive knowledge of file management and disk utilization for I/O optimization.
- Skills in inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Ability to use and operate standard office and computer equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot network problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work within a team environment to produce high-quality results.
- Ability to interpret and comply with the State Lottery Act, Lottery Rules, Bingo Enabling Act, Bingo Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, users, management, and staff.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time and operate standard office and computer equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, and manipulate equipment up to 50 pounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees or conducts major studies regarding system usage, makes recommendations for improvements, and determines network system requirements.
- Oversees performance tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the network resources.
- Reviews network system plans for completeness and accuracy, and plans and schedules network studies and system implementations.
- Performs project planning tasks such as project risk assessments, alternative implementation analyses, and project status tracking and reporting.
- Analyzes existing network and system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyzes and defines agency disaster recovery responsibilities and procedures.
- Develops goals and objectives for the development and use of an efficient and cost-effective network.
- Develops policies and procedures designed to ensure the integrity of local area network or wide area network environments.
- Integrates local area network or wide area network requirements into the agency's information resources and business plans.
- Determines operational, technical, and support requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of data communications and agency network systems.
- Evaluates network technologies for potential acquisition and directs the evaluation of various hardware and software resources to identify strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the agency.
- Monitors the preparation and analysis of statistics on network utilization and availability.
- Provides input into the preparation of budget recommendations for network facilities, analyzes user support statistics, and implements appropriate measures.
- May assign the work of others.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $59,004.00 to $96,720.00 /year
- Server Management: 3 years (Required)
- Wan and Lan: 3 years (Required)
- Active Directory: 3 years (Required)