Communications Intern - HelpAge USA
HelpAge USA is seeking a creative, resourceful and detail-oriented Communications Intern position starting in June 2020. Based in Washington DC, HelpAge USA is a non-profit organization with an international focus on the well-being of older people in the world’s poorest environments. We are part of the HelpAge global network, a unique worldwide alliance of organizations across 85 countries.
The intern will help support and implement HelpAge USA's communications plan. This is an opportunity for motivated, proactive candidates to gain experience quickly in a broad range of roles and lead key projects.
The intern will work directly with the CEO. The internship is located in Washington DC and available on a part-time basis (2-3 days / 20-25 hours per week) or full-time (5 days per / 32-40 hours per week) with the addition of some administrative work. This internship pays $15/hour depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage HelpAge USA’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube).
- Write and design communications materials including issue briefs, power-point presentations, flyers, brochures, an donor appeals.
- Support email marketing by drafting copy and managing content lists; build and send HelpAge USA’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Manage our Google AdGrants account.
- Monitor and analyze back-end google analytics and website tracking.
- Improve and update website content as needed.
- Manage and maintain our CRM database of donors.
- Assist in implementing HelpAge USA’s annual fundraising campaign.
- Manage scheduling and coordinate meetings for the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current master’s level or undergraduate student or recent grad; background in communications, PR, journalism, and/or international affairs.
- A creative, visual eye—experience in branding, layout, and graphic design preferred, but not required.
- Native-level fluency in English; fluency in other languages a plus (French or Spanish).
- Exceptional writing skills with an ability to craft content for different audiences.
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Excellent organizational and research skills.
- Experience with the following systems preferred:
- Content management systems such as square space or wix
- CRM systems such as hubspot or salesforce
- Experience with email marketing systems such as mailchimp a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a small team environment.
- An interest in international development and global population aging.
To apply, please submit a resume and 2 writing samples. Please indicate if you are interested in just the communications position or if you would be interested in full-time work with Communications at 25 hours/week and administrative duties at 10-15 hours/week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Branding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company's Facebook page: