POSITION SUMMARY: Established in 1989, Thierry Isambert Culinary and Event Design (TICED) has created exceptional dining experiences at venues in South Florida for more than 30 years. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Event Producer to support our Sales Team. This is a salaried, Event Producer Position that exists to support the Senior Event Producer position to sell, create and coordinate catered events. The incumbent will collaborate with various professionals, so it is essential that they have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable working in a team environment. They should also be able to lead and motivate creative team members to achieve specific goals. The incumbent in this position must be detail-oriented, organized, and ready to successfully operate within a fast-paced working environment. Additionally, the incumbent must be a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and will work under the direction of the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job duties listed below are representative of the essential job functions and are not exclusive. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without prior notice.
- Plans and coordinates weddings, socials, and corporate events at various venues.
- Provides supervision to Catering & Event Assistants.
- Makes contact with potential customers during qualifying calls
- Prepares/writes proposals using Caterese software.
- Uses All Seated software to prepare floor plans for events.
- Incorporates production elements including, lighting, entertainment, and design requests.
- Coordinates tastings to demonstrate execution of client food and preparation requests.
- Obtains client confirmation, sends contracts and invoices and collects payments.
- Places rental orders and ensures accuracy to avoid event day issues.
- Coordinates with scheduling, operations, and kitchen departments.
- Effectively communicates with all departments to ensure events are produced flawlessly.
- Confirm setup, seating, and staffing requirements with scheduling.
- Follows up weekly with sold and pending clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains contact and makes updates and revisions to existing proposals.
- Creates and maintains party files with pertinent information (i.e., rental orders, floor plans, etc.).
- Coordinates vendor load-in, and load-out times for the day of the event.
- Conducts event walkthroughs using a checklist and takes notes and pictures of setup details.
- Ensures all details are being executed properly during event setup.
- Follows up with the client after the event to ensure satisfaction.
- Participates in after-party assessment meetings.
- Creates invoices, submits payments, and negotiates with vendors.
- Ensures payments are received in time.
- Prepares vendor invoices for approval to submit to accounting.
- Meets and exceeds sales goals set by the company.
- Attends networking events to promote the company and gain potential business.
- Maintains awareness of trends in the industry.
JOB SKILLS AND ILLUSTRATIVE TASKS:
Organizational skills: Organizational proficiency is needed to ensure that all variables related to coordinating an event are properly controlled and accounted for to ensure a successful outcome.
- Communication skills: Effective communication is required to ensure all parties are in sync and clearly understand the physical and logistical requirements associated with each event
- Problem-solving skills: Some things potentially can and will go wrong at every party. When and if that occurs, Catering and Events Coordinators must be prepared to remain calm and identify the best possible options and a solution to solve the problem.
- Computer proficiency: To be successful, Catering and Event Coordinators must be able to utilize computer software packages to get the job done.
- Social and emotional intelligence: Catering and Event Coordinators are expected to be team players and to work cooperatively with others to ensure the success of the organization.
- Event Producers protect the organization's value by keeping relevant information confidential.
- Event Producers represent the company in conferences, print ads, networking events, bridal shows, etc., to promote the brand and increase clientele.
- Event Producers enhance the reputation of the company by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to each event produced.
- Event Producers carry out administrative tasks and duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
Must possess a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in Hospitality, Catering, Business Management, or related field. Must have 2-3 years of Hospitality, Event planning, or Catering Experience.
Solid experience with Catering software (e.g., Caterese or All Seated preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) are required.
Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task are required. The employee must show competency in computer business applications and programs. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual preferred).
WORKPLACE CIVILITY REQUIREMENTS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Represents the company with a positive demeanor both internally and externally
- Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner
- Treats all employees, clients, and vendors with dignity and respect
- Works cohesively with team members and all coworkers
- Displays a positive attitude through supportive behaviors, problem-solving, and communication skills (both verbal and written communication)
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications skills
- Maintains a professional client relationship to properly represent Thierry Isambert Culinary & Event Design and facilitate repeat business
- The physical demands described represent those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. On occasion, it may be necessary to do the following:
- Lift and carry or manipulate items of up to 35 lbs.
- This position may also require occasional travel to other company locations if necessary
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities, including close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust visuals while working with a computer and other business equipment
Reasonable accommodation may be offered to enable qualified individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Thierry Isambert Culinary & Event Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or expression, age, gender identity, pregnancy or breastfeeding, disability, genetic information, marital status, protected veteran status, or other status protected by state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33150: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Events management: 2 years (Required)
- Customer service: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person