Welder – Hardfacing Services
This position is primarily responsible for consistently achieving high integrity OAW, PTA and/or GTA welds per Dynalloy GMAW Certification standards.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Employ hand tools, measuring tools and large overhead crane system to move large parts.
- Interact effectively with computers and mechanized equipment programming.
- Adhere to process parameters and employ process techniques for various alloy material welding and hardsurfacing applications.
- Assist Lead Welders, Senior Lead Welders and management representatives to complete assigned tasks.
- Assist management representatives in product failure troubleshooting, research and root cause analysis.
- Initiate corrective action recommendations for manufacturing methodology and product design improvements.
- Travel as required for assigned tasks and projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED;
- Completion of a two year welding school program; or
- Five years of related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have ability to program and interact with mechanized equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat (non-weather). and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour
- hardfacing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off