Executive Director of Schools
University Schools - Greeley, Colorado
In order to be considered, please apply online at: https://phl.applitrack.com/universityschools/onlineapp and upload the following items as directed by Frontline.
University Schools, founded in 1891, is a public K-12 charter school located in Greeley, Colorado about 50 miles north of Denver with a student enrollment of nearly 1800. University Schools originated at the University of Northern Colorado before being chartered on September 13, 1998 under the laws of the state of Colorado and authorized by Weld County School District 6.
University Schools works in collaboration with the University of Northern Colorado and continues to be an integral component of UNC’s teacher education mission. University Schools’ faculty and staff innovate and model effective student-centered teaching and learning. Students appreciate and value their relationships with faculty and administration. Students feel their learning and growth are valued as well as who they are as individuals and community members.
Greeley is a diverse community with a current population of 105,448, has seen rapid growth over the past 20 years and is located in beautiful Northern Colorado. The community has an agricultural focus complimented by light industry and is the site of a major Colorado university, the University of Northern Colorado.
Greeley is 60 minutes north of Denver and a short 45-minute drive from Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park. This gives full access to all the great outdoor activities that the state offers, from mountain biking and hiking to golf and fishing. Mountain resorts and skiing are close and easily accessible as well. Greeley is also home to the Greeley Stampede and hosts the largest 4th of JULY Rodeo in the country!
The Director works closely with the school’s Board of Governors to create and maintain the school’s mission and vision. The Director will lead, guide and direct the administration, instructional and supportive services teams in setting and achieving the highest standards of excellence in developing and maintaining the best possible educational programs and services for each individual student enrolled. The candidate must have the background, skills and abilities to grow, take on challenges and provide excellence in educational leadership. This is a 12-month employee position.
Leadership and School Management:
- Provides leadership and management to school leadership team through overseeing school development, operations, educational standards and student achievement
- Successful experience in unifying, motivating, developing, supporting, empowering and trusting a high performing team of administrators, teachers and support staff
School Board Governance:
- Advises the Board on the need for new and/or revised policies and ensures that all policies are implemented and followed
- Prepares and submits to the Board recommendations relative to all matters requiring Board action, placing before the Board such necessary and helpful facts, information and reports
- Maintains oversight of academic programs and collaborates with the principals to ensure quality and successful academic performance
- Ensures positive, safe learning and school environment for all students
- Plans and implements professional development for administrators and teaching staff
- Demonstrated record of fiscal accountability and oversight of daily operations and finances
- Establishes and maintains efficient procedures and effective financial controls for all expenditures of the school funds in accordance with an approved budget
- Works with the Board to develop and manage an annual operating budget
- Master’s degree
- Possess or be eligible for a Colorado Department of Education Administrator Certificate
- An accomplished education leader with over 15 + years of success in education including academic excellence and innovation
- Collaborative and participative leadership style
- Strong communication skills
- Experience reporting to and/or working closely with a Board of Governors
- Thorough knowledge of trends in research and practices in public education
- Ability to maintain and instill high standards of ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of teaching methods, educational pedagogy and behavioral management methods successful in school environments at all levels
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education, student, professional staff and other employees
- Ability to prepare oral and/or written communications for distribution to the Board of Governors, administration, faculty, staff, students and parents
- EdD or PhD preferred
- Executive Director/Superintendent or Central Office experience
- K-12 experience
Please be prepared to answer, in detail, the following questions when completing the online application:
- Describe your philosophy of educational leadership and how you would plan and implement your vision.
- Include your leadership philosophy and beliefs.
- Discuss the difference between leadership and management.
- Describe your experiences in leading a school or district toward a cohesive unit of administrators, instructional and classified staff with a common mission and vision.
- Describe your experience with budget preparation and management and examples of achievements.
- Describe how you would build and foster relationships among the Board of Governors, staff and University Schools’ community?
- What goals would you set for yourself and the school to ensure ongoing learning and professional development for faculty and staff.
Salary and Benefits:
Minimum salary is $130,000 based on 242 working days. Salary is based on experience and qualifications. A competitive compensation package is also offered.
- Posting Open: December 20, 2019
- Posting Closes: January 27, 2020
In order to be considered and in addition to any Indeed application, please apply online at: https://phl.applitrack.com/universityschools/onlineapp and upload the following items as directed by Frontline.
- Letter of Introduction
- Two letters of reference
- Copy of Colorado Administrator Certificate
- Academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial screening only) or visit our school website at: https://www.universityschools.com > Departments > Job Opportunities
University Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. University Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off