Advanced Practice Provider
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group
Thoracic Surgical Services
West Orange, NJ
Full Time Day
Take advantage of this opportunity to join RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group! We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Physician Assistant to join our Thoracic Surgery team.
- Competitive health benefits, paid time off, and employee perks
- Hours: 4 days X 10 hrs per week
- Opportunity to work in a specialty practice setting
- Join RWJBarnabas Health, New Jersey’s largest, integrated health care delivery system
- Ranked in NJ.com’s 2021 Best Places to Work
The APP is an independent health care provider who coordinates inpatient/outpatient care through collaboration with the Physician for the care of Thoracic surgery patients. The PA provides care in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the practice and the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/Physician Assistant Advisory Committee. Specifically, The APP will work collaboratively with the surgeon at all levels of the Thoracic surgery practice to stage and treat lung and esophageal cancer as well as benign thoracic diseases. This includes working in the OR as well as the clinic, and interfacing in a multidisciplinary fashion with Oncology, Pulmonology, Radiation Oncology and other medical specialties.
- The APP is responsible for assisting the Physician in the office, taking H&Ps, administering medications, performing physical exams, and participating in flow of patients thru the practice.
- The APP will assist the physicians with various procedures/surgeries and assist with coordinating the case of the patient.
- Demonstrates an ability to organize and achieve quality performance in new routine.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in coordinating aspects of patient care within a surgical health environment.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, communicates effectively, and demonstrates time management.
- Effectively prioritizes work assignments and demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Implements the policies and procedures of the practice. Performs assessment and reassessment of the patient according to applicable department standards and identified tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Physician.
- Recognizes areas for improvement in divisional policies or patient care; initiates change; educate all involved in change
- Regularly communicates with nursing leadership and staff concerning patient care issues
- Thoroughly explains procedures to patients prior to testing.
- Provides appropriate patient teaching as necessary.
- Physician Assistant Certification, Nurse Practitioner
- Registration Licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/
- Physician Assistant AdvisoryBasic Life Support (BLS);
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS
- Although not required, fluency in Spanish, and other languages is a plus.
- The ability to compassionately interact with patients across different areas of care
- The interest in acquiring new skills in and out of the operating room
- A commitment to providing care to patients with a focus on quality at all times
To apply, please submit your resume through Indeed.
About RWJ Barnabas Health Medical Group
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person