- Profit & Loss
- Leadership Experience
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus
The Community Manager is a dynamic individual with strong, proven leadership and management skills. S/he is self-motivated and driven to achieve positive results. S/he has the ability to solve challenges creatively and is able interact with a wide variety of people. The Community Manager is customer-focused and ensures that the needs of internal and external customers are met with excellence.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Manages the apartment community to achieve expected business and financial outcomes. Implements the company’s leasing, accounting, maintenance, resident relations, management reports, and other policies.
B. Hires, trains, supervises, and motivates all on-site personnel.
C. Ensures that the customer experience is exceptional.
D. Ensures all reports related to community operations are completed as required.
A. Meet Cash Flow Objectives
1. Optimize / Maximize Revenue
a. Ensure maximum market rents, based on key metrics, are achieved.
b. Minimize vacancy loss, delinquency, concessions, bad debts, and any other rent losses.
c. Maximize other income.
d. Ensure operating cash flow is positive and meets budgeted targets and ownership expectations.
2. Control Expenditures
a. Plan, schedule and control expenditures in order to obtain products and services at minimum cost while maintaining quality standards.
b. Create, review, and approve purchase orders and invoices in accordance with the property’s budget and company guidelines.
c. Schedule and approve vendor services. d. Meet or exceed budgetary expenditure guidelines.
B. Lead the Team of Associates
1. Recruit, train, and develop associates.
2. Motivate by giving consistent constructive feedback, modeling positive behavior and performance, and by recognizing and rewarding exceptional results.
3. Conduct weekly staff meetings.
4. Conduct timely performance evaluations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
5. Administer corrective and disciplinary actions as needed in accordance with company policies, with the guidance of the Portfolio Manager and the Director of Human Resources.
C. Ensure Excellent Customer Service and Community Building
1. Ensure outstanding maintenance service in response to resident requests, with the appropriate follow-up and follow-through.
2. Respond to resident concerns in a timely and professional manner and according to company policy.
3. Ensure that resident social activities are scheduled in order to build community.
4. Provide regular resident communications, including resident newsletters, email blasts, letters, text/voice messages, and other methods as appropriate.
5. Follow up with all residents 90 to 120 days prior to lease expiration.
6. Foster a customer service culture throughout the community team.
D. Administrative Services
1. Ensure that on-site staff is following company policies and procedures.
2. Ensure timely and accurate completion of forms, reports and financial data.
3. Perform budgetary planning and preparation.
4. Supervise accounts payable and receivable.
5. Approve payroll and commissions when applicable and submit in a timely manner.
6. Review the internal file audit to ensure the property will achieve a score commensurate with company policy.
7. If applicable, maintain property records in compliance with government regulatory agency requirements.
8. Have complete understanding of the computer system and all software.
9. Approve rental applications; lease agreements, and renewal/recertification files according to company policies.
10. Actively pursue renewals and implement the renewal program.
11. Enforce the career apparel policy as applicable.
12. Act as petty cash custodian; dispense cash for validated activities and receipts.
E. Direct Community Maintenance and Improvement
1. Maintain company standards regarding landscaping and curb-appeal.
2. Ensure that zone inspections and routine maintenance are completed.
3. Ensure the preventative maintenance plan is completed.
4. Plan, and schedule with the service manager, any approved major property and capital improvements in accordance with the budget.
5. Submit recommendations for extraordinary expenditures.
6. Maintain current approved vendor files.
7. Follow the correct procedures to add new vendors to the approved vendor’s list.
8. Ensure the safety evaluation is completed and all life safety issues are addressed in a timely manner.
9. Inspect apartments to ensure readiness in adherence to company policy.
F. Additional Duties:
1. Complete any additional duties as may be assigned by the Portfolio Manager and/or senior leadership.
A. Leadership / management experience in a similar and/or related industry required.
B. Two to four years’ experience in apartment management a plus.
C. Previous responsibility for implementing company policy.
D. Previous profit center management or P&L responsibility.
E. Previous responsibility for controlling expenditures.
F. Previous experience in leading a team.
G. Previous experience with handling customer service.
H. College degree preferred, CPM, ARM or candidate a plus.
I. Industry certifications and or willingness to obtain certifications as needed and required by governing agencies.
J. Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and educational backgrounds.
K. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
L. Must have professional demeanor and image and be pleasant to work with.
Integral Property Management Group Offers:
Paid vacation, paid sick, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, company paid Long Term Disability and company paid Basic Life Insurance.