Hupy and Abraham S.C., an AV-rated personal injury law firm is looking for a motivatedLaw Clerkfor theWest Des Moines, IAoffice.
A career at Hupy and Abraham, S.C. is very rewarding, helping injured clients navigate through the complicated insurance and litigation process to get what they deserve. You may have seen one or two of our commercials with William Shatner from “Star Trek” and “Boston Legal.” Does “Voted Best, Rated Best”, “Largest Personal Injury Law Firm in the Midwest” and “Tell Them You Mean Business” sound familiar? We are more than just slogans. We are the top-rated personal injury firm in the Midwest who has a large support staff that cares about our clients who we serve.
Our Law Clerksare generally responsible for supporting the attorney by performing a wide range of tasks to assist in the litigation process.
- Draft summons/complaints, motions, discovery, and other pleadings
- Legal Research
- Brief Writing
- Screening Potential Clients
- Trial Preparation
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
- Qualified candidates will have a Juris Doctorate degree or has obtained their undergraduate degree and are currently attending law school, preferably in their 2nd or 3rd year with the ability to work 10 – 15 hours per week during school.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Innovative problem resolution
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced/dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer experience should include basic knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for Holidays, Vacation,& Personal Time
Hupy and Abraham, S.C. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our hiring process, we perform pre-employment background checks.