Becknell Industrial is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Investments for our offices in Carmel, IN to work with the Executive Vice President of Investments to execute on Becknell’s overall development and acquisition strategy.
We seek a candidate with 5-10 years of commercial real estate experience. Previous leasing and real estate finance experience a plus. Must have knowledge of real estate finance concepts (cap rates, IRR, etc.). Must possess ability to critically think and make sound decisions. Position requires to work independently at times, and be able to multi-task several different tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with local brokers in the overall marketing plan for speculative buildings with a goal towards successful lease-up and value creation
- Reviews, qualifies and responds to Request for Proposals (“RFP’s”) for spec buildings. Provides well thought out answers to all questions contained in the RFP and attaches any and all exhibits for review by the client (site plans, project schedules, lease form, etc.)
- Leads internal teams (construction, architecture & engineering, legal, etc.) in the preparation of all working documents (site plans, space plans, leases, etc.) that would be associated with lease execution.
- Works with external teams (capital partner, legal, brokerage, tenants, architects) in the preparation and negotiation and approval of any and all documents associated with final lease execution
- Participates in weekly calls or meetings with local brokerage teams in gathering and discussion of prospects and reports the same to Becknell Executive Management and capital partner
- Gathers and maintains a database of market comps (lease, investment sales, land sales)
- Works closely with the Becknell Capital Markets team to prepare investment briefs for capital partner approvals. Provides all relevant market data (comps, stats, etc.) to support the approval
- Prepares and distributes materials for weekly calls with Executive Management and capital partner for discussion.
- Identifies new opportunities within each market covered (land, building acquisitions, build-to-suits) and prepares and presents each opportunity to Executive Management
- Assists the EVP on select acquisitions that could include evaluating excess land parcels that would be included in the offering
- Works with the acquisitions team to collect market data including sales comps, lease comps, etc. for purposes of evaluating and pricing future development opportunities.
Founded in 1990, Becknell Industrial is a privately-held vertically integrated real estate firm specializing in the development, management and long-term ownership of industrial properties nationwide. With properties in 33 states and offices in Chicago, Illinois, Carmel, Indiana and Del Ray Beach, Florida, Becknell focuses on providing efficient real estate solutions to clients all across the country.
At Becknell, success is measured by the satisfaction of our clients. The Company prides itself on long-term relationships and our ability to partner with our clients as their real estate needs change or expand.
One of the many things we do is develop and own primarily build-to-suit facilities with the majority being leased to single tenants. We also develop speculative facilities for single users or multiple tenants on undeveloped ground we own in industrial parks we have developed. We work directly with corporate clients as well as national and local brokerage firms.
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial real estate (not residential): 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance