- Active license/certification verifiable as a U.S. Paramedic - National Registered and in good standing
· Understands the difference between emergency and occupational related care
· Must be able to work full time at the project up to (7) days a week.
· Must be able to work extended hours, beyond (8) hours a day.
· Must be able to work away from residence with no off-time rotation for time allocated to return to place of residence.
· Must be able to work at project for project duration.
· Must be able to follow and execute directives from supervisor
· Must show attention to detail
· Must be able to treat severe traumatic wounds and injuries and maintain composure allowing the individual to treat the patient
· Must be able to pass a medical fitness review
- Must be able to pass a detailed Criminal Background check
- Must be able to pass a detailed Motor Vehicle Record Background check
- Must be able to pass a detailed 14 Panel Substance Abuse Screen
- Must have a favorable driving record for the past (5) years
· Must be able to, climb without any difficulty
- Minnesota License / Certification a plus
· 2+ years of experience as an Advanced Life Support (ALS) provider
· 2+ years of experience in Emergency Medical Response and treatment
· 2+ years of experience as Remote Site Medical Provider in an industrial or construction setting a plus.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or equivalent(s)
· Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or equivalent(s)
- Administers basic, intermediate and advanced patient care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols in both field and small remote clinical environments without direct management over site.
- Treat injuries and/or illnesses using advanced life support techniques and medications.
- Performs emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessments.
- Prepares treatment room, selects and lays out medical supplies, and maintains medical equipment.
REQUIREMENTS - continued:
- Conducts record keeping, filing, data entry as required by the project other than patient or treatment related records.
- Prepare different types of reports as required by the project or requested by the project supervision.
- Answer project phone and radio calls.
- Maintaining comfortable, orderly, safe, and clean environments
- Provides routine information related to medical treatments and procedures
- Measures and records vital signs, collects specimens, and escorts patients the treatment facilities as needed
- Document and record all patient interactions and care provided
- Completes assigned workstation duties as required by the position.
- Orders supplies and equipment from Supply to replenish inventories as needed.
- Participate and/or conduct “Man - Down” drills.
- May be asked to perform other duties to support project.
- Submits both weekly and Monthly written professional formatted project related and operational reports
· The employee must regularly push, pull and/or lift up to 50 lbs. throughout the work shift.
· Specific vision abilities required for this job include close, distance, color, peripheral and depth perception, all while wearing OSHA approved protective shielding and lenses.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasionally in very small spaces; talk or hear and taste or smell.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit and must be able to wear a respirator, such as an SCBA when required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (Preferred)
- South Dakota EMT (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 10 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible