IvyMax Academy is a leading education service provider that prepares students exceptionally well for admission to top-tier universities and beyond. Since 2004, IvyMax has been delivering industry-best results, having helped thousands of students ace tests, develop strong leadership intelligence, and get admitted to great schools.
The strength of IvyMax’s reputation and brand name is directly attributable to the quality and breadth of its products and services. We are excited to see the continued commitment from IvyMax’s management team to devote significant resources to enhancing IvyMax’s current offerings and developing new high-quality programs, products, and services that are responsive to the evolving market needs.
IvyMax courses focus on quality instruction and test-taking strategies and techniques designed to help students achieve high scores on the tests and build strong fundamentals. IvyMax continuously recruits experienced teachers who generally teach in classes ranging from 5 to 20 students at the learning centers.
Opening: Science Instructors for high school courses, AP, and SAT Subject Test Preparation
Responsibilities and Duties
- The class will provide online training for the USA Computing Olympiad (USACO), and the goal of the course is to prepare students to score will on USACO's gold division.
- Provide enthusiastic, high-end teaching service to students, demonstrating scientific concepts by use of scientific apparatus, experiments, and standard or teacher-prepared charts, sketches, and other instructional aids.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabus, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Select and obtain materials such as textbooks, with the help of center staff members and the management team.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching issues.
- Positively reinforce student self-confidence and self-esteem
- Be organized and well-prepared for every lecture
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ year(s) of training for the USA Computing Olympiad (USACO) experience
- 4-year undergraduate degree (BA, BS) or higher
- 1+ year(s) of direct teaching/tutoring experience
- Available weekday afternoons, evenings, and weekends
Job Type: Part-time
- Training for the USA Computing Olympiad : 1 year (Required)