Universal Audio is looking for a senior software engineer with strong background in embedded Linux driver, kernel and application development for new music creation products under development. Clear industry experience developing in C or C++ on Linux or a RTOS is required.
Responsibilities will include understanding product feature development, systems design, performance tuning, board bring up, and driver development. We value smart engineers who can solve complex problems, work independently under general guidance and lead in a specialized area of technology.
The ideal candidate will have not only have a deep understanding of embedded Linux systems and application development, but will have a passion for music or audio, and delivering the highest quality products in terms of both functionality as well as sonics.
At Universal Audio we build world class products for world class musicians and recording professionals. We’re passionate about music, and passionate about the craftsmanship in our products. Candidates that have an interest in creating music will find UA to be a very special place to work.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Develop and maintain Linux based OS with a low latency kernel, fast boot, and high reliability
- Develop Yocto recipes to generate firmware images
- Develop low level bootloader, and microcontroller code
- Work on hardware security design and implementation
- Coordinate with manufacturing engineers to assist in build, flash, and test
- Proactively document all work and write automated tests
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering experience in the same technical
- Rock-solid C or C++ programming, Python shell scripting
- Linux device driver programming
- Network programming using TCP/IP, UDP sockets
- Low level programming of peripherals and interfaces, including experience with a developing
- for microcontrollers
- Ability to read hardware schematics at a basic level
- Experience with digital audio technologies including I2S, S/PDIF, ALSA
- Music or audio background or interest, with experience with music creation software
- Linux image building using YOCTO
- BS in Computer Science or relevant major