ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Event planning, sponsorships, advertising, vendor arrangements, logistics and implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout the year.
- Volunteer recruitment and retention, as well as work closely with leadership volunteers.
- Provide promotional visibility through social, print and electronic media.
- Assist in developing public education opportunities and materials to bring clarity to UCP’s mission.
- Assist with business development of UCP Enterprises.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
MISCELLANEOUS FUNCTIONS –additional performance indicators:
- Timely Completions of Assignments
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Responsible and dependable
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Integrity and Honesty
- Initiative and Problem Solving
- Diligent, Competent, and Quality
- Courteous Service and Respectful
- Communication Skills
- Follows Instructions and Flexible
- Sound Decisions and Actions
- Compliance – Observes UCP policies, procedures, & practices. Adheres to UCP mission and core values including mutual respect/mutual purpose. Remains current on required documentation and training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty competently. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Community Relations or related field or comparable work experience.
Minimum of three years experience. Ability to read and understand agency and other related regulations. Ability to communicate effectively with volunteers, public, and representatives of agencies both orally and written. Excellent human relations and oral / written communication skills required.
- Articulate, with good written and spoken communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, independently, as well as with other staff
- Proven track record. At least 3 years experience in nonprofit setting
- Strong IT skills, experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Wordpress and fundraising auction software
- Successful donor and volunteer retention
- Sensitivity to donors and their needs
- Comfortable on radio and television
Job Type: Full-time
- with a non profit: 3 years