Founded in 2014, PathogenDx operates in the botanical, agricultural, and diagnostic markets. The company utilizes patented technology in sample preparation and microarrays to detect or quantify multiple analytes simultaneously.
Reporting to the CFO, the general ledger and cost analyst is responsible for understanding the detailed GL and company cost drivers in a multiple-product, manufacturing environment. Weekly hourly requirements can range from 10-40 hours, depending on needs as determined by employee and manager. The position is located in our manufacturing and R&D facility in Tucson, AZ, or can be performed remotely in Scottsdale / Phoenix with regular travel (2-4x per month) to Tucson required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
· Responsible for tasks assigned by the CFO and other Executive Staff as required
· Performing month-end account closing activities and reconciliations.
· Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
· Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
· Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
· Maintaining general ledger accounts and preparing journal entries for accruals and variances.
· Generate and distribute account management reports on monthly basis.
· Accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables, reconciliations, and foreign exchange.
· Reconciling general ledger accounts and revenue accounts.
· Reviewing financial reports to identify and explain variances.
· Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
· Conducting physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
· Reconciles finished goods inventories
· Minimum of 3 solid years of Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
· Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
· Strong Excel, MRP, and QuickBooks skills
· Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Cost accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Financial modeling: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations