Tyndale is a two-time consecutive Houston Top Workplace winner; come join our winning team! We are in search of an experienced and versatile Warehouse Associate to join the 1st Shift team (6:00 AM to 2:30 PM), located at our distribution center near I-45N and Beltway 8. The Warehouse Associate will primarily be responsible for having a keen eye for detail, shipping out accurate orders to our customers. Once that function of the warehouse is mastered, the Warehouse Associate will begin to pick garments and items within orders, as well as verify, label, and process incoming garment merchandise. We are looking for a detail oriented and team player with a can-do attitude. Hard work is rewarded at Tyndale - if you enjoy working in a distribution environment where you can learn multiple warehouse functions and earn more, this is a great opportunity for you! To learn more about this opportunity, view the following video: https://vimeo.com/317103077/b62f419def - Apply today!
- Follow picking instructions from hand-held device;
- Pick correct garments for customer orders according to the hand-held device’s instructions; Enter quantity picked into scanner;
- Unload incoming shipments; Stage and sort shipments;
- Verify and inspect shipments as per Tyndale Receiving Guidelines;
- Record and properly complete internal and external paperwork;
- Label garments with barcodes as needed;
- Put away material following established put away procedures;
- Separate orders into groups or singles in preparation for shipping;
- Perform visual inspection verifying garments match items ordered on packing list, also checking for matching logos and hemming;
- Scan bar codes on packing list; Scan bar codes on each garment, 100% scan.
- Read and verify any notes on packing list.
- Communicate issues to the Director in a timely manner;
- Make boxes/bags and pack order after scanning, including all paperwork. Apply shipping label;
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required;
- Ability to Read and Function Hand Held Device;
- Prior experience in a warehouse operation and warehouse management system a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Must be detail-oriented;
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs without assistance;
- Ability to operate material handling equipment preferred;
- Fork-lift certification a plus;
- Proven track record of company growth with an award-winning family-friendly culture;
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance; 401k with company match; 9 Paid Holidays, Company Paid STD/LTD, and Company-wide Bonus Plan;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Generous paid time off package;
- Tuition and professional development assistance;
- Complete Wellness program including healthy lifestyles reimbursement program and corporate discount on health-tracking devices.
Tyndale Company, Inc. is a single-supplier solution for keeping workers safe, comfortable, and regulation-compliant. We deliver top-quality, arc-rated flame resistant (FR) clothing and uniforms by way of managed apparel programs, driven by over 40 years of FR experience. We serve the electric utilities, oil and gas, transportation, and other industries across all 50 states and Canada. We believe that the key to our success is our employees and Tyndale has been recognized as an award-winning, employee-rated Top Workplace in the Greater Philadelphia and Houston areas. Our values are exhibited in every phone call, every order, and every shipment that goes out with our name on it, and we are dedicated to continually raising the bar on the products and services we offer.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our website, www.tyndaleusa.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77038: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person