Looking for someone special to learn all systems at leading area independent pharmacy. We provide challenging work, training, competitive pay, excellent working conditions and great hours. Experience or certification a plus but not required. Must pass state and FBI background check, drug testing, register with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy and willing to progress to Certification within one year of being hired if not already certified.
Pay commensurate with experience and skills.
The purpose of this position is to join and contribute to a service conscious Pharmacy team who will consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, Team Member and Company outcomes.
- Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the Point of Sale Policies.
- Transcribe data from prescriptions accurately to generate a custom label for the customer
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by order, receiving, socking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedure
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure company and government requirements are met.
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to: search for patients and profiles, determine dates of fill and pick-up, determine prescriptions sent to Central Fill, quote cash prices of prescriptions, check on-hand counts of medications, enter invoices.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently
- Complete required training program and accompanying exams.
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current or eligible for Pharmacy Tech. Certification
- Must pass drug and background check.
- Ideally 1 year, but willing to train exceptional candidates.
Hours between 9:00am and 6:pm Monday through Friday,
9:00am to 1:00pm on Saturdays
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Cash Register
- Ordering Machine
- Safety Cutter
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $18.00 /hour