High School degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of one Continuing Education Course shall be taken each year in one of the following areas: Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Roofing, Parking Lot Repairs, Retention Pond Maintenance, or general construction/tenant improvement construction.
- Minimum five (5) years general building systems experience
- Ability to perform general building repairs in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, sheetrock repair, painting, etc.
- Contract development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills required include proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Knowledge of all sprinkler systems, alarms, and pump systems
- Knowledge of basic building codes
- General knowledge of commercial construction pricing and Construction contacts
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing portfolios
- Ability to deal with a variety of personality types
- High degree of self-discipline
- Flexible attitude and strong work ethic
- Friendly and likeable personality
- Patient and understanding
- Positive Attitude
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee tenant complaints assigned by Management or reported by tenants. Review work order log weekly with engineers.
- Design and oversee preventive maintenance programs and maintain equipment log readings. i.e. Fire Pump, Emergency Generator, Water Treatment, Tenant Logs, IAQ test log to include update and maintain CFC log etc. Notify supervisor of any potential problem or condition that could cause mechanical or personal harm.
- Monitor, report and correct conditions of any improper mechanical installations during construction or mechanical repairs at all time.
- Maintain Building Standards with all trades i.e. General Contractors, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Demo, Phone, Data lines etc. as required. Take appropriate action upon improper installation.
- Understand and know Building Standards.
- Perform various property projects as directed by management.
- Oversee building stock essentials with engineers. (Verify budget restraints.)
- Chief is responsible to design engineer duties per site specifics and oversee the Building Engineers on any and all related projects.
- Chief approves all overtime projects. Coordinate and schedule after hour's projects with engineers or contractors as required.
- Provide management with monthly data. i.e. Maintenance reports, Meter Readings, Tool Inventory list and Overtime Air Conditioning building information.
- Oversee delivery of supplies or equipment from local suppliers as needed or required.
- Attend and participate in maintenance and training meetings as directed by supervisor.
- Communicate with property manager on a daily basis (regardless of personal schedule) to discuss daily and weekly priority projects, and any problem areas needing attention.
- Take initiative to delegate priorities to staff engineers or porters. Follow up to verify that jobs or tasks are complete.
- Be cognizant of all mechanical projects or problems at the building and take initiative to make sure that they are solved correctly and in a timely manner. Follow up with property manager and make sure that bases are covered and that everyone involved is aware of any and all complications.
- Take responsibility to verify that all paperwork including meter readings, chiller logs, fire pump logs, etc. and all building related essentials are done. If they are not, take the appropriate actions.
- Chief Engineer to insure that procedures are established, that upon his absence, all building operation should continue as designed. Follow through is of the utmost importance and coordination with the appropriate people is vital to this position.
- Prepare annual maintenance budget for Property Manager's review and approval.
- Approve purchase orders within spending limits for maintenance supplies.
- Maintain Preventive Maintenance program weekly (written).
- Prepare specification packages for capital and operational projects for review and approval Property Manager.
- Supervise ongoing projects and report to Property Manager daily.
- Implement special projects or requests as directed by Property Manager.
- Complete corridor and common area inspections daily. Report or repair any problems found during these inspections.
- Replace light bulbs in common areas as needs, with or without a written work order.
- Continually monitor property for potential safety issues and correct or report same as noted.
Job Type: Full-time