Position is responsible for supervising the daily operation of Housekeeping. Recommends and implements services and procedural changes. Monitors and controls expenses within approved budget constraints. Ensures a high level of service is provided to both internal and external guests. Responsible for continually improving the quality of our housekeeping product, through improved services or amenities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assumes overall control and responsibility in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper
- Inspects guest rooms to ensure the highest cleaning standards are met and maintained
- Interviews applicants and hires qualified candidates
- Oversees schedules, training, develops, empowers, coaches, and counsels.
- Provides open communications and recommends discipline and termination as appropriate
- Monitor department expenses against operating budget.
- Expedites and oversees special requests form the Front Desk.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations
- Makes or recommends wage increases
- Hold employees/supervisors accountable
- Must be flexible with working shifts, able to work any day, any shift, weekends or holidays or longer working shifts
- Works to improve both EOS and SFS results, showing a significant year over year growth
- Responsible for timely reviews: 90-day, six month and annual
- Must be able to motive employees
- Must have excellent understanding and working knowledge of chemicals and cleaning supplies and techniques, including MSDS,OSHA regulations, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Literate and fluent in English
- Must be able to write in English
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able lift up to 80 lbs. or more
- Must be able to respond calmly in a crisis and demanding situations, particularly when the situations involve customer or employee conflicts
- Majority of shift spent walking, bending, lifting
- Must be able to mange secondary smoke.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Preference is given to qualified Rincon tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location