Development and Events Manager
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of San Mateo County recruits, trains and supports volunteers to work one-on-one with children and youth in the San Mateo
County foster care and juvenile justice systems. CASA volunteers form trusted relationships with young people, acting as a mentor and advocate for in court and the larger community. By being a consistent adult presence in a child’s life amidst changing homes, caretakers, social workers and other professionals, our volunteers provide hope and healing to children who are navigating traumatic circumstances.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development and Events Manager is responsible for crucial communication with donors and other stakeholders, managing donor cultivation and stewardship events, managing significant elements of major fundraising events and overseeing operations associated with the organization’s database that tracks gifts, event registration and donor/prospect information.
This vital staff member works closely with the Board of Directors, the CASA Auxiliary, donors and other supporters to ensure and expand our ability to serve children and youth in our community.
The ideal candidate understands the value of building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, has demonstrated strong organizational and problem solving skills, is extremely detail oriented and will have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, non-exempt; 40 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend work required
Location: Redwood Shores, California
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with and engage donors, community partners, board members and
Auxiliary members to build long-term relationships for the benefit of the organization
- Work closely with Development Director, Executive Director and Board Development
Committee to create and implement annual fundraising plan
- Track revenue and expenses for event and project budgets
- Coordinate logistical component of donor stewardship and cultivation events, including invitations, guest check-in, locating and booking of facilities and equipment and arrangement of food and refreshments and program
- Provide support to donor stewardship and cultivation events by assisting with planning content, developing agenda, acquiring donor gifts/awards, securing speakers and entertainment
- Solicit in-kind donations and sponsorships for the organization's major fundraising events
- Attend and serve as registration lead for fundraising events, managing the before, during and after of registration, ticket sales and attendance recordkeeping
- Work collaboratively with the CASA Auxiliary and manage staff support for annual
Auxiliary Garden Party
- Collaborate with Development Director and Executive Director to conduct prospect research (Corporations, Foundations and Individuals)
- Manage fundraising database (Donor Pro), including mailing lists, donor/prospect lists, contacts and fundraising statistics. Management includes gift entry, queries/ running reports and data clean-up with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data
- Manage written communications with donors, including thank you letters and invitations to events.
- Respond promptly to donor phone and online inquiries
- Manage logistics of all direct mail campaigns and collaborate with Development
Director and Executive Director on content of campaigns
- Provide staffing support for the Board Fund Development Committee and special event committees
- Serve as liaison to CASA Auxiliary and other community partners
- Finalize and provide accurate data, as needed, for the organization’s annual report
- Perform other related duties as identified and assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, communications, business, sales or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Qualification and Skills
- Five years of prior relevant work experience.
- Two to three years of experience with donor/fundraising database. Experience with
DonorPro, Greater Giving and Constant Contact is preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent recordkeeping, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive donor-related information and use discretion in communicating with stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Collaborative team player. Effective at working with peers and external partners to reach common goals and objectives.
- Able to work independently with strong initiative, flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to successfully pass FBI, DOJ, DMV, SSN and CACI background checks
- Interest in and commitment to CASA’s mission with ability to articulately and passionately communicate CASA’s mission, programs and accomplishments to current and potential funding partners and to the greater community
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
144 hours of PTO and 11 paid holidays to start
Health, dental and vision benefits; and
403(b) retirement plan
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements. Please include “Development and Events Manager – Your Last Name” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. We will review applications on a rolling basis until we fill the position.
CASA of San Mateo County (“CASA”) is an equal opportunity employer. CASA does not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress and grooming), sex, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers and social and recreational program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture