Do you want to be a part of a team of aviation innovators who are helping change the industry landscape?
Our client operates an express cargo feeder fleet. They are a growing and talented team of pilots and mechanics who do a fantastic job of operating more than 150 daily flights to nearly 55 destinations across the Eastern U.S. and Caribbean.
They are currently recruiting for a Chief Pilot job in Denver, NC.
What Is In It For You
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000/yr
Position Type : Permanent - Full-time
Benefits: Medical, dental, 401k, disability, company-provided life insurance, FSA, HSA
A Day In The Life of a Standards Chief Pilot
The position you are applying for represents the development and management of the company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), the oversight of SOP compliance, and the provision of departmental adherence to regulatory guidance and overall safety. You are required to ensure the highest degree of safety in the operation. Your primary role is to serve and support the pilot group.
Essential Duties of The Standards Chief Pilot
- Supervises pilots to ensure compliance with Company policy, FAA, aircraft, and operating procedures.
- Observes crew procedures at assigned aircraft locations, including ramp.
- Acts as departmental manager on duty in a rotating on-call schedule as needed.
- Provide support as needed to answer operational questions or prevent delays or cancellations and ensure safe operation.
- Supervise, train, and provide guidance for all company checks airmen. Conduct quarterly check airman meetings.
- Collect and track pilot check ride results, analyzes pilot performance, and make performance recommendations to the Training department.
- Performs departmental audits, analyzes findings, tracks trends, and recommends corrective actions.
- Reviews deviation reports with flight following personnel and analyzes findings, tracks trends, and recommends corrective actions.
- Reviews flight crewmember's flight and duty records for accuracy.
- Reviews pilot materials and manuals every quarter and assists the Director of Operations with edits, comments, or revisions to maintain accuracy and currency.
- Participates in ERC committee meetings as the company representative.
- Responsible for the investigation of, analysis of, and management of all SMS reports. This will include the recommendation and implementation of any required corrective actions as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Ensures positive communications with flight crew members, the Flight Following department, and other Company personnel.
- Writes bulletins and memos to communicate effectively with crewmembers as assigned.
- Maintains qualification in at least one of the company aircraft fleet types and performs line pilot duties as required.
- Adheres to company policy and procedures.
- Represents Flight Department at company meetings.
- Attends and participates in company and FAA meetings as a Flight Department Representative as assigned.
- Reviews and approves weekly expense reports, as assigned.
- Reviews and approves weekly pilot payroll, as assigned.
- Participates in pilot recruitment, interview, and hiring process.
- Assumes duties and responsibilities of the System Chief Pilot in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Part 121 or 135 Pilot in Command experience
- Part 121 or 135 Proficiency or Line Check Airman experience
- Above-average expertise in flight-related publications and airline regulations
Strong Skills in:
- Technical writing
- Conflict resolution
- Trend analysis
- Ability to satisfy the applicable management qualifications of 14 CFR 119.69 or be approved under the deviation authority granted by the FAA.
- Ability to meet the experience requirements of 14 CFR 119.71(c) and (d) or be approved under the deviation authority granted by the FAA.
- Management of a flight training program, including instructors and check airmen
- Working knowledge of SMS and how it applies to airline operations
Special Position Requirements:
- The Chief Pilot will be required to travel to various locations and events as a representative of the company.
- Assistant Chief Pilots
- Check Airmen
- Remain current and qualified in at least one aircraft type unless otherwise approved by the Director of Operations.
Working Conditions And Physical Effort:
- The work performed in this position typically takes place in an office environment. However, certain duties may involve moderate exposure to airport and aircraft operations.
Special Position Requirements:
- Ability to travel to offsite locations
If you are interested in the Standards Chief Pilot job in Denver, NC, apply today!
This vacancy is being advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC. The services advertised by Total Aviation Staffing, LLC are those of an Employment Agency