The Sr. Divisional Merchandise Mgr.(DMM)- Consumer Health & Wellness is responsible for fully managing assigned portfolios, the respective P&L’s and a team of highly motivated colleagues. DMM's have full responsibility for setting the strategic direction for their portfolios, attaining budgeted sales, budgeted margin, market share growth and developing high performing teams. Overall, DMM's are responsible for achieving the Merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS strategic plan.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster innovation by bringing ideas to market in an agile way, while balancing growth potential against financial risk
- Shape our innovation strategies by developing an informed strategic point of view and adeptly influencing key stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Develop growth strategies for their portfolio and oversee the development of category strategies, rooted in a deep understanding of the customer and competitive trends
- Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned portfolio by attaining market share growth. Managing all profit and loss targets to include but not limited to: sales, contribution margin, inventory turns, GMROI and DOS
- Build and develop high performing teams, identifying and selecting the most effective associates based on their skill set
- Developing performance measures and goals which meet CVS strategic plans. Measuring, monitoring and holding associates accountable to goals. Providing timely and constructive feedback which place associates on a path to success while meeting corporate objectives
- Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating with manufacturers and vendors to ensure strategies are aligned to drive profitable sales
- Define and lead the execution of cross merchandising or Divisional strategic initiatives. Develop and cultivate effective collaborative teams within CVS support areas of Digital, Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations.
- oversee positions including: Sr. Category Managers, Category Managers, Assistant Category Managers and a Merchandising Administrative Assistant
- Compliance orientation to maintain integrity of data, systems and partnerships with vendors
- Willingness to travel 5-10%
- 10+ years of experience in retail or consumer packaged goods, to include 5+ years in retail merchandising or business development
- 5+ years of managing a team (professional retail and/or digital merchandising/category management staff)
- 15 yrs. Retail, Healthcare or CPG experience
- P & L Ownership
- Omni-channel experience
- Leadership over multiple teams
- Proven track record of driving transformational performance in a retail business through the implementation of innovative strategies to drive sales and margin
- Working knowledge of modern merchandising tools and systems (promotions, assortment, pricing, optimization, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree from leading institution, institution; MBA preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.