1) Screens resumes (online, by phone and in person) and recommend candidates for second interview and deliver employment offers.
2) Assist with the scheduling of interviews and screening of candidates
3) Complete reference and background checks (SEL, MHL, Drug Screening, Criminal background, Exclusionary List, Child Abuse Registry)
4) Collect and process all new hire documentation i.e. employment verifications, PPDs, education qualifications, trainings and all other required documents
5) Prepare new hire packets and conduct orientation of new employees.
6) Acts as liaison with employment agencies and develop advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
7) Use traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
8) Maintaining applicant database that illustrates the agency’s flow of the resume and applicant
9) Maintain all department records and books i.e. PPD, I-9, Educational Qualifications, NYSOCFS Registry Checks, and Driver’s List
10) Responsible for personnel files pertaining to the human resources and employee relations function
11) Completes weekly report on employment activity
12) Maintaining the confidentiality of the department and a professional demeanor in interactions with staff and outside parities under all circumstances.
13) Adhere to the welfare, safety and security of MR/DD population.
14) Answer and direct all incoming phone calls
15) Screen and take visitors temperature upon arrival and answer any questions visitors have
16) Receive deliveries, distribute incoming mail and mail all correspondence
17) Responsible for the maintenance of office equipment on a regular basis and maintain inventory of supplies for Main Office (toners, ink, paper, etc.)
18) Provide administrative support in all departments when needed
19) Assist with the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources Department and additional duties and projects as assigned or as needed by immediate supervisor and Executive Director.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
Office desks have been retrofitted with plexiglass barriers, sanitizer has been placed at various locations throughout the building, employees are provided with PPE, and offices are cleaned regularly.
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)