The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is a key personnel role on the CCTT PDSS Program. They are responsible for organizing the administrative and documentation activities for cyber security activities throughout the program. This includes accreditation event documentation (ATO), STIG deviations, IAVA compliance process, etc.
Labor Category: Information Assurance II
· 2 years of experience in Risk Management Framework system accreditation acting in a cyber-security related role
· 2 years of experience working a DoD cybersecurity related role
· 5 years of experience working in a cybersecurity related role
· Experience with a (minimum) MAC III program (CLASSIFIED preferred)
· Security+ Certification (or other DOD 8570.01m certification which meets IAM1 requirements)
· Knowledge of General Cyber Security Best Practices
· Familiarization with RMF and or DIACAP certification/ATO processes and documentation
· Familiar with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and NESSUS
· Familiar with Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
· Familiar with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
· Able to work in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
· Able to work as a lead, advisor, and contributor within a team toward a common goal
· Preparation, Presentation, and review of technical designs for standard compliance, user interface, maintainability
· Capable of working with a complex system of components, hardware baselines, and software revisions
· Familiarity with DoD NIST regulations
· Ability to apply knowledge of information security methodologies.
· Knowledge of information assurance processing standards and procedures.
· Ability to apply knowledge of current information assurance technology and practices.
· Knowledge of computer systems acquisition regulations, practices, and procedures.
· Knowledge of a wide range of Information Technology and Information Assurance concepts, principals and practices required to plan, direct, and evaluate security programs for Automated Information Systems.
· Ability to examine plans for new facilities and equipment and make suggestions for improvement while projects are still in the design stage.
· Ability to employ state of the art computer security software to accomplish a variety of security-related activities on Automated Information Systems.
· Skill in developing and applying traditional and non-traditional approaches for the conduct of a full-range security awareness, education and training program.
· Mastery of and skill in applying total infrastructure protection environment; system security certification and accreditation requirements and processes; as well as Federal information systems protocols.
· Ability to develop and implement an automation security program throughout the organization.
· Ability to develop integrated information assurance solutions, including proposals for new systems or modifications to existing systems or architecture.
· Expertise in the Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) compliance process.
· Manual STIG (System Technical Implementation Guide) implementation on Linux and/or Windows systems
· Experience as an ISSO or assisting an ISSO in a substantial capacity
· Experience as an FSO or assisting an FSO in a substantial capacity
· Formally trained in Risk Management Framework processes
· Trained or familiar in the use and/or implementation of HBSS
· Familiarity with System/OS administration processes, best practices, and required personnel accreditations
· MCSA and/or Linux+ or similar Security Certification
Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor's or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, or a related field.
Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
* US Government security clearance is required and candidate must be eligible.
* Candidate must be able to obtain a US passport.
Founded in 1998, AVT Simulation is an Orlando-based, end-to-end systems integration and full-service modeling and simulation small business. Since its inception, AVT's highly specialized staff of engineers has included some of the top leaders in the simulation industry. With an average of over 20 years of simulation experience, our dedicated staff provides specialized solutions for customers requiring on point solutions to complex problems.
Since the founding of the company in 1998, AVT has been a company that strives to make a positive difference in the lives we touch. These lives include our employees and their families, our partner companies and their employees, and ultimately the warfighters receiving our products and services. Our core values are so very important to us as a company. They guide us towards success. They make us a great company to work for and a strong partner to work with. In order of priority, our core values are:
- People First,
- Mission Excellence,
- Do the Right Thing, and
People First is our first and most important core value because we firmly believe the success of AVT is directly related to supporting our employees and providing our customers high quality solutions on-time.Therefore, we desire to find candidates that embody these core values and the traits that make up these values including (but not limited to): Fairness, Loyalty, Integrity, Respect, Courage, Stewardship, Dignity, Leadership, and Selflessness.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by visiting www.avtsim.com/careers and follow the instructions at the bottom.
Job Type: Full-time