SummaCare - 1077 Gorge Blvd, Akron
Full-Time / 40 Hours
SummaCare is a Summa Health entity that offers health insurance in northern Ohio. As a regional, provider-owned health plan, SummaCare is based in Akron, Ohio, and provides Medicare Advantage, individual and family and commercial insurance plans. SummaCare has one of the highest rated Medicare Advantage plans in the state of Ohio, with a 4.5 out of 5-Star rating. SummaCare has also been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as being a Best Insurance Company for Medicare Advantage in 2020. Known for its excellent customer service and personalized attention to members, SummaCare is committed to building lasting relationships. Employees can expect competitive pay and benefits.
Provides personalized service to members and other SummaCare customers, and promptly works to answer questions and resolve concerns.
Formal Education Required:
Experience & Training Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- 6 months of experience performing same or similar responsibilities. Relevant experience includes: Customer service experience in an information management industry, including call-center, receptionist or administrative support experience that includes customer service responsibilities.
Level of Physical Demands:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Customer Service practices.
- Communicate effectively with others through written and verbal means.
- Facilitate working in Windows, and with organizing computer based information.
- Balance need for decisive, professional demeanor with warm, non-confrontational customer-first attitude. Project empathy, confidence, proper tone, and service-oriented attitude over the telephone.
- Operate standard office machines.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and practice knowledge of health insurance industry, including governing rules and regulations.
- Organize and manage time in order to complete tasks within designated time frames in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and practice knowledge of and complies with regulatory, departmental, and company policies & procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of member health information and business information.
- Flexible: ability to adjust work hours to meet business demands.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, and stretch.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate computer, phones, and standard office machines.