An employee in this position is responsible for collaborating, teaching, guiding and working directly with students and staff in assisting them to ensure that students graduate with a traditional or OCS North Carolina diploma. The objective of the Occupational Course of Study is focused on employment and training. Responsibilities include overseeing work training and providing assistance in acquiring job skills. The employee is also responsible for planning daily lessons and differentiating the lessons to reach each student. Candidate must have good technology skills as well as perform other related work as assigned.
- Effective teaching strategies to ensure pupil learning in subjects taught.
- Curriculum, instruction, and assessment processes and how they should operate in an effective occupational course of study program.
- School policies and procedures that govern program and curriculum.
- Technology and computer software applications relative to instruction and administration.
- North Carolina College Prep Course of Study and Occupational Course of Study
- Plan and teach individualized lessons for one-to-one instruction.
- Accept individual differences in pupils and parents.
- Effectively work with and relate to students with independent education needs and their parents.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, school personnel, parents, vendors, co-workers, and the
- Communicate effectively in the English language both orally and in writing.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with appropriate direction.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Learn and use technology
Minimum of a BS degree and certification in Special Education
Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures Governing Students with special needs
Thorough knowledge of transition goals and post school outcomes
Thorough knowledge of General Curriculum
Thorough knowledge of Occupational Course of Study
Ability to establish positive relationships with students, staff, administrators and community
Highly Qualified in Math and Science
At least 2 years experience working with students with Autism
Salary based on experience