Cherwell (@Cherwell) empowers organizations to transform their business through the rapid adoption and easy management of digital services. Cherwell's adaptable platform has enabled thousands of organizations to modernize their business operations with customizable service management, automation, and reporting across the enterprise. Friction makes work slow and frustrating—Cherwell helps organizations achieve meaningful and measurable digital service transformation, faster.
We are looking for an IT Security Architect to join our team in Colorado or Remote.
Who Will Love This Job
- A problem-solver: You use your technical background and experience to solve difficult problems. You constantly look for areas of improvement and seek out solutions.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- A teacher: You can educate and communicate ideas and process around security best practices
- Someone who is process-driven: You follow established processes and also looks for areas where operations could be more efficient or otherwise improved.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You are full of energy for the things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You'll Do
The IT Security Architect supports the Director of Information Security, IT, Cherwell's SaaS environment, business lines and employees with governance, compliance and communication of Cherwell's information security policies, procedures and standards. Working with Information Security team, the candidate will be the lead on security engineering, tuning and implementing security controls. The key responsibilities of this job include:
- Responsible for maintaining the security of the company systems and must be able to recommend and improve the system security of the company.
- Assist in the Risk Management process
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures which enable best practices in security for the organization. The IT Security Architect coordinates and administers documentation for security processes and procedures for department and company.
- Helps Coordinate responses to information security incidents.
- Coordinates and executes security architectures around IT and security projects.
- Participates in company-wide data classification assessment and security audits and manage remediation plans.
- Assists on the creation , management and maintains user security awareness training.
- Provides on-call support as required, co-administers key applications assisting the IT System Engineer and provides assistance for security related incident response.
- Provides security positioning statements and consultation as it relates to company and SaaS environment for RFP's and Sales opportunities.
- Collaborates with IT management, legal department, safety and security, and law enforcement agencies.
- Able to effectively manage security vulnerabilities.
- Manages security tools, hardware and vulnerabilities scanning tools to ensure they meet compliancy requirements.
- Ensures all tasks performed adhere to the firm's ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS). This includes participation in annual information and network security training and acceptance of spot checks on an ad hoc basis to guarantee that Cherwell is constantly improving upon the organization's ISMS.
- Provide technical security architecture expertise while implementing security controls across multiple data centers.
- Lead in security reviews of production infrastructure and systems.
- Provide security subject matter expertise on cloud architecture control implementation for enterprise-scale projects
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to Product Development team on secure coding best practices, as well as, review against OWASP top 10.
What You Should Have
The IT Security Architect will have a varied technology background, with a working knowledge of networking systems, LAN/WAN, Microsoft client and server operating systems, server virtualization technologies, and security methodologies. The candidate will have a strong customer service ethic and demonstrate a level of organization and prioritization. The Security Architect will be able to align business goals with security requirements and formulate requirements and recommendations for IT and the business as a whole.
The IT Security Architect will have complementary skills in understanding security requirements and technologies such as firewalls, secure application design, secure coding, intrusion detection and prevention, VPNs, remote access, encryption, data protection, antivirus, spyware, etc. Ideally, the candidate will have software industry and SaaS specific knowledge and experience, with emphasis on specific regulations and concerns. Applicable security certifications will be considered as advantageous to the candidate.
- Bachelor's degree in a related filed or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in a Security Architect role with exposure to general system administration.
- Experience and knowledge in securing technical platforms.
- Experience and knowledge of IT systems/data security as it relates to the SaaS environment.
- Strong understanding of regulations and best practices for technical deployments in a SaaS environment and software industry.
- Understanding of ITIL process
- Ability to develop meaningful working relationships with all aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of the OSI model, IPS, IDS, WAF and firewalls.
- Knowledge of encryption (SSL, TLS, VPN and IPSEC.
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO 27001/27002, etc), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g., HIPAA, HITECH, FERPA, HITRUST, Etc.).
- Experience and knowledge in secure server and workstation deployment and support.
- General understanding of networking and telecommunications.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Visio.
- This position requires some weekend and evening assignments as well as availability during off-hours for participation in scheduled and unscheduled activities.
Nice to Have
- Security Certifications such as Security+, CISSP, GIAC, and others are desirable.
Who you are:
The benefits you love:
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You share our enthusiasm for a work environment that is fast-paced and growing
- You enjoy being collaborative and pursuing others' success as strongly as our own
- You are constantly challenging yourself to bring positive impact to those around you
- You prioritize being socially responsible and contributing to a greater purpose
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, & more
- Generous PTO plan for employees that includes up to 8 hours for community service
- 401K with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to Recruiting@Cherwell.com.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Cherwell Software prior to having a signed agreement from Cherwell's Talent Acquisition department. Cherwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Cherwell and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you.