The Patient Navigator will work collaboratively with the Case Management Team (Social Worker/Discharge Planner, CM Utilization Review Nurse, and other member of the health care team) to assist the team in creating a safe discharge plan for patients. They will assist the Case Management Team to identify barriers and assist the patient with their transition from hospital to the community. This will include follow up appointments, home care referrals, nursing home referrals, setting up transportation, authorization process, and other duties assigned by the Case Management team.
- Associates degree in a health related field and/or Associates degree with experience in healthcare
- Previous experience in hospital, nursing home, or other health care setting demonstrating knowledge of basic medical terminology and diagnosis preferred
- Experience in discharge planning and working with interdisciplinary teams preferred
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, be self directed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent computer skills required
- Professional appearance, positive attitude, and excellent attendance record