Supervises branch staff to ensure effective and efficient branch operations on a daily basis. This includes mentoring, coaching and training staff in all applicable positions. Ensures employees are providing a full range of services while providing excellent member service. Overseas and directs in reaching branch & CU goals & performs various branch functions. Embracing on going operational and cultural changes within the organization. Exemplifies FFCU’s 6 core values and works with staff to uphold our company mission and vision. Manage perceptions.
1. Supervises and develops staff to ensure they are providing quality member service. Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with established CU policies, legal and regulatory requirements. Have a working knowledge and familiarize yourself with the procedures, policies, guidelines, and regulations to be able to answer routine questions regarding the same. Monitors individual performance/progress and provides suggestions to improve effectiveness and acts as a resource for employees or members with problems and/or issues. As part of the branch team, will greet and offer assistance for members. Provides consistent communication on organizational changes, meets with employees on consistently basis for further development. Will respond and acknowledge requests from internal or external members in a timely manner. Responsible for completing monthly reports/records and reviewing for accuracy and timeliness. Provides feedback and suggestions on process improvement. Focus on staff development to prepare for next step. Achieve satisfactory scores on all aspects of member service standards. Responsible for meeting set efficiency standards for member per FTE ratios. Maintain loan accuracy and account accuracy errors, address errors and ensure that they are being resolved within expected time frame. Provides support for other branches. Review and monitor the work of employees as needed and provide coaching/counseling for improvement.
2. Will act in the capacity of loan officer, FSR and/or teller, performing all pertinent duties and functions in respective jobs. Interview members for loans and open/close accounts and/or handle any member complaints and other member service functions. Must also be able to run a teller drawer when needed and balance within established teller guidelines. Schedule employees for adequate branch coverage and complete monthly audits on teller drawers, vault, TCR’s/CDM’s, debit cards, and gift card and so forth. Will conduct employee observations and coach to achieve our member service standards. Performs overrides, account approvals, clears failed OFAC/Verafin, validates accuracy on CTR’s, and ensures monetary instrument have been recorded.
3. Conducts performance appraisals and continuous coaching with assistance from supervisors. Formulates and implements corrective actions when necessary. Communicates to direct supervisor on a regular basis regarding branch goals, special activities, operations, training needs and member/employee issues. Conducts bi-weekly one on one session with each employee for coaching and development. Will conduct interviews to replace vacated positions within Branch.
4. Ensures all opening and closing duties are completely accurately and timely and all security measures/ precautions are followed. Conduct security orientation and yearly robbery training, active shooter, fire evacuation for employees. Test security equipment as assigned.
1. Identify opportunity to recruit SEGs. May perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks such as special projects, coordinating events, attending community events and performing general clerical duties and other duties as assigned.
Coach and mentor staff to give them the knowledge, tools & resources needed to excel in their position.
Provide courteous and professional service by establishing positive and supportive relationships with members, branch staff, and internal members.
Should represent FFCU positively in business and casual settings.
Ensure accountability that staff follow all policies, procedures, and guidelines by CU. Meet established branch/departmental goals.
Respond to members or employee requests promptly and accurately. Offer solutions and think outside the box.
Provide required reports/records accurately & timely. Keep management informed of any pertinent issues.
Able to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information.
Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
Experience leading or participating in community events and activities for local networks or professional organizations, such as the chamber of commerce, professional business groups, or chapters of national organizations such as the United Way.
Should uphold manager role to higher standard both externally and internally.
Performance should be clearly recognized within the organization as a model of excellence.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 4 years financial industry including 2 years supervisory experience preferred. If degreed, 3 years and equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Thorough knowledge of financial operations and lending policies/procedures. Must communicate effectively with members, supervisor and co-workers. Perform minor math calculations and demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail and a cooperative team spirit. Ability to work in a changing environment and demonstrate knowledge of basic customer service and identifying member financial needs. Ability to deal with stressful situations and to work effectively with high volume member traffic and workload and display a professional appearance and good attitude. Demonstrated ability to effectively cross-sell/up-sell products and services. Excellent interviewing, communication, and public relation skills along with physical, mental & other demands.