- Network Engineering
- Design Experience
At Gluware, we’re not just about innovation. We’re focused on providing our customers with solutions that tackle some of the most difficult networking issues in the industry. Major enterprises come to Gluware because they’re looking for ways to make their complex, multi-vendor, brownfield networks more agile and secure. Our approach to network automation goes well beyond providing simple scripts. Instead of asking network engineers to adapt their enterprise networks to fit a pre-written playbook, Gluware Control ingests network configurations, models it’s features, and automates configuration changes and updates. We then monitor for configuration drifts over time and then address remediation.
If you’re the type of Network Engineer that gets excited solving real networking issues, read on!
A Gluware Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the successful implementation and support of Gluware solutions using Gluware software, tools, and practices. Senior Network Engineers participate and lead professional service delivery for the company and provide post-sale customer support for Tier-2 and Tier-3 escalated issues relating to customer networks and their use of Gluware software. It is necessary to have a strong background in solving complex issues in live networks.
- Creation of network designs to customer specifications
- Assessment and understanding of a customer’s network and device configurations.
- Installation, configuration and use of the Gluware platform to deploy and operate these solutions.
- Support other members of the service delivery team doing the same activities.
- Participate in pre-sales efforts as a consulting engineer, collaborating with senior network engineers on customer/partner teams and validation and presentation of solutions in lab and demo environments.
- Participate in on-call support rotation and participate in periodic after-hours maintenance and implementation activities.
- Occasional travel, less than 25%, may be required.
- Effective interaction with the Gluware team and technical and non-technical stakeholders in a wide-range of Enterprise customers.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to adapt, thrive, and collaborate in a fast-moving start-up environment.
- Five or more years in network design and hands-on support of enterprise IP Networks
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex customer situations.
- Knowledge of complex IP routing and other protocols, including IPsec, DNS, VoIP, QoS, and MPLS.
- Proven practical experience with routers, switches, firewalls and related networking technologies in a multivendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, HP, Palo Alto, Riverbed, etc.)
- Desire to work in a hybrid networking/software development environment.
- Senior-level engineer with the ability to mentor peers on the team – everyone adds value.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications or information technology or equivalent referenceable experience.
- Active Cisco certification, such as CCIE, CCNP in Route/Switch, Security.
- Additional Vendor certifications or current training in Juniper, HP, Palo Alto, Riverbed, etc.
- Executive level presentation experience with internal or external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, respond quickly to changes, and work in an unstructured environment with the drive and determination to succeed.
- Strong written communication and demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Background in use of server virtualization and network modeling practices
Individuals seeking employment at Gluware are considered without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer-facing Network Engineering: 4 years (Required)
- network automation & orchestration: 1 year (Required)
- Sacramento, CA (Preferred)