Gaido's Seaside Inn is seeking highly motivated housekeepers to join our team on the Weekends only. You must be willing to work every Saturday and Sunday to be considered for this position.
This part-time position starts at 10:00 A.M. and ends at 5:00 P.M.
- Clean assigned section of guest rooms to hotel standards and within allotted time.
- Adhere to the Hotel's Key Control policy.
- Follow standards in dealing with guest's property when cleaning occupied rooms.
- Follow the hotel's lost and found procedures in finding items left in guest rooms.
- Report maintenance problems in assigned rooms, hallways or with your equipment.
- Complete special Housekeeping projects as assigned.
- Practice safe working procedures during your shift.
Some Guest Service Standards expectations for a Room Attendant include:
- Every job and every employee is important to our success.
- Smile and greet the guests as you meet them throughout your shift
- Assist the guest whenever and however you can.
- We will work together as a team to accomplish the hotel's tasks and service the guests.
- We will look our best as a sign of service and respect to the guests.
Some desired qualifications for the Room Attendant position include:
- Able to meet physical qualifications of the job, which include bending, twisting, lifting, pushing and long periods of standing.
- Able to work as part of a team to assist others to complete housekeeping assignments.
- Must be willing work weekends and all major holidays.
- Able to walk up a flight of stairs with cleaning equipment to clean rooms.
- Able to understand and follow all safety related rules at all times.
- At least 1 year of housekeeping experience is a plus but not required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to walk up and down flights of steps everyday.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Galveston, TX (Preferred)