Posting Date: July 11, 2019
Application Deadline: July 30, 2019
Position Title: Operations Manager
Location: Vineyard, UT
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
CubicFarms® Systems Corp. is an Agriculture Tech and Vertical Farming technology company that utilizes revolutionary, patented technology to cultivate high-quality produce. Founded in 2015, the company's mission is to provide farmers around the world with efficient growing systems capable of producing predictable crop yields. Using its unique undulating growing system, CubicFarms® solves the two main challenges within the indoor farming industry: high electricity and labour costs. Currently, CubicFarms® cultivates living lettuce, living basil and microgreens at its own facility in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia and is partnering with other farmers to establish facilities around the world.
This is an exciting role, where no two days are ever the same.
- You’re the type of person who can’t walk out the door with anything left undone. You like all of the boxes ticked off, live by schedules and lists, even when no one cares but you. It’s in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated, passionate, experienced individual who is looking for a full-time opportunity to work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for advancement.
- You are an entrepreneurial minded, hands on person who leads by example and thrives on solving challenging problems.
- You have a green thumb and are a jack of all trades. You are just as comfortable using a spreadsheet as you are using a wrench.
- You are motivated by thought of working in the new and upcoming Ag-Tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive, and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished.
- You have the ability to structure yourself in an unstructured environment and are motivated to learn new skills.
- You are knowledgeable on standard concepts, practices and procedures within the agricultural/horticulture industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of business or similar degree and/or diploma in operations or logistics management.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Responsible for the daily oversight of operational programs and departmental forecasting and communicating updates and plans to the Vice President.
- Working with and leading the facility team to achieve successful day-to-day operations.
- Leading meetings with the Operations staff and articulating departmental priorities on a daily/weekly basis; ensuring work plans are designed and executed in conjunction with priorities
- Developing and implementing Operational plans following best practices to create standard operating procedures (SOP) in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Ensure all necessary operational functions are covered for a 24 by 7 operation, including weekends, holidays, opening, closing, and security of the facility, including responding to facility alarms.
- Management and leadership of the Operations team; to ensure ongoing mentorship, development, instruction, and evaluation.
- Promote and model a positive workplace culture.
- Oversee the entire operation and distribution process from seed to store.
- Knowledge and compliance with GPP, GMP and GLP.
- Identify and report to the Vice President opportunities or challenges arising from operational activities.
- Communicate and coordinate activities and schedules to all Operations departments and management.
- Enforce and maintain all documentation in accordance to standard operating procedures (SOP) and good Operations/growing practices (GPP and GGP)
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met for premises and equipment used for cultivation, harvest, preparation, packaging, storage, infusion and sale of cannabis are maintained in clean and sanitary conditions.
- Lead and coordinate all compliance audits to ensure ongoing certification.
- Accountable for financial performance of the facility
- Leader of a culture of continuous improvement with the use of KPIs, policies, procedures and protocols to achieve organizational goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational skills with experience managing large and diverse teams.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Health Canada (HC) Security Clearance (previous HC Security Clearance is an asset)
- Positive, accountable, proactive minded individual with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow and help set the organization’s policies and contribute towards the goal of achieving Operations targets within set timelines.
- Experience with Hazard Awareness, GPP, GMP & Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) systems would be an asset.
- Analytical process review and able to prepare documents
- Must have good judgement and discretion, sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Good communication skills and ability to think strategically, critically, and problem solve.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Must have a Drivers License.
- Must be in good general health as necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of the facility.
Interested applicants may apply to the position by emailing their Resume and Cover Letter to recruiting @cubicfarms.com. Please reference job title in the subject line. Applicants must apply before the application deadline, however, the position will remain open until the it is filled.
CubicFarm Systems Corp. is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarm Systems Corp. is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement within the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused