Great Clips (Franchisee What a Clip, LLC) is searching for an experienced cosmetologist and salon manager to join our fun and family-oriented team in San Antonio, Texas. As the Manager, you will build a team and foster a culture focused on achieving excellent salon results through great customer service and brand delivery.
Come join our growing team at a growing salon! Core responsibilities will include motivating, inspiring and coaching the team to deliver the Great Clips brand, managing the salon to deliver excellent results, and leading stylists to reach their highest potential.
Great Clips is the world's largest salon brand, and our team offers:
- Earning right away with Guaranteed Base Wage + Productivity Bonus + Retail Product Sales Bonus (15%-35%) + Other Salon Incentives + Daily Tips (including credit card tips)
- Hourly wage estimate is based on base wage plus incentives plus tips
- Paid vacation, holidays, and company gatherings
- Paid on-going cosmetology and advanced stylist training for latest trends and leadership development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Recognition for a job well done
- Cut hair for an established and loyal customer base
- A fun and comfortable environment with many opportunities for growth
- Qualifications will warrant placement as an Assistant Manager or Manager
- Motivated and professional hair stylists / cosmetologists are top earners at Great Clips!
Assistant Managers/Managers manage salon performance to excellent brand delivery, foster stylist development, and drive employee and customer recruiting and retention. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Serve customers by delivering the Customer Care process at all times.
- Listen to customer needs and deliver high quality haircuts efficiently.
- Serve in a fast-paced haircare atmosphere.
- Set and communicate expectations to all stylists to deliver the Customer Care process with every customer.
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and effectively by following salon procedures to ensure the customers’ satisfaction and return to the salon.
- Role model and reinforce the “Comfort” expectations as listed in the Stylist Job Description.
- Affirm a leadership role by working peak times, especially weekends.
- Plan work and schedule for the customer by managing and adjusting schedule daily.
- Role model and reinforce “Freedom” expectations as listed in the Stylist Job Description
- Ensure every customer receives a quality haircut by completing monthly performance and coaching assessments for all stylists.
- Implement the Customer Care Development Program to continually assess and identify coaching, reinforcement and improvement opportunities for all employees.
- Role model and reinforce the “Connection” expectations as listed in the Stylist Job Description.
- Recruit, hire and recognize employees who can deliver on our commitment to create customer loyalty to the salon.
- Coach and develop employees to deliver the brand through consistent delivery of the Customer Care process.
- Grow salon business and monitor results.
- Respond to problems when they occur, such as overages/shorts, missing invoices, etc.
- Organize and deliver effective salon meetings to encourage teamwork and provide information concerning changes or new programs that may affect the customers.
- Ensure a safe and secure work environment.
Assistant Manager/Manager Qualifications
- Current/active cosmetology, barber or manager license as required by Texas.
- Commitment to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
- Dedication to great customer service.
- Commitment to follow and role model the Customer Care process.
- Ability to cut hair for an extended period and provide quality haircuts in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to listen and understand what the customer wants.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively resolve customer issues.
- Skill to use a computer to track customer information.
- Effective employee management skills - recruiting, training, development, motivation and retention.
- Ability to lead a team committed to company goals and values.
- Ability to present internally and externally.
- Ability to read and speak English.
Assistant Manager/Manager Physical Requirements
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) primarily at or above the shoulder.
- Standing: particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Location: ability to travel across salon locations based on customer, team and business needs.
- Frequent participation in placing and retrieving advertising banners and signs outside of the salon.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping.
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Great Clips management: 1 year (Preferred)
- men's hair cutting: 1 year (Preferred)
- TX cosmetology (Required)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift