Full Job Description
Enter data into several Access Databases; assist with preparation of data forms for chart review, copying, sorting and dispersing information to the appropriate locations.
Bachelor’s of Science degree in a healthcare related field preferred.
Experience with computers.
No special certification, registration or license required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Previous data entry experience and work with Access databases.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Enters data into applicable databases, both local and web-based Databases in compliance with ICH and FDA regulation.
3. Distributes materials for data entry, including, but not limited to, CRFs, QI Forms, and data clarification forms.
4. Receives, logs, forwards to the appropriate project manager/lead, and files Enrollment and Adverse Event and other clinical trial/registry notifications.
5. Organizes and maintains all records and data for the Structural Heart Clinic.
6. Supports Structural Heart team with organizing patient visits.
7. Communicates with patients and referring physician and staff to share data obtained during follow-up visits and also obtain data from the referring doctors visits.
8. Prints out patient reports for the Registry Team Chart Review as needed.
9. Prints follow-up outcome reports as needed.
10. Organizes and assists in the maintenance of trial management team projects as required.
11. Assembles mailings as needed.
12. Assembles CRF binders for local and multi-center clinical trials/registries.
13. Assists with submission of CRF binders and other study related materials to the appropriate sites as needed.
14. Assists in obtaining proper documentation of clinical events as needed. Gathers support documentation (ETT results, Cath reports, CABG reports, PCI reports, Laboratory results, EKGs, discharge summaries, Office progress notes or other as specified).
15. Consistently demonstrates support for compliance in the performance of job duties and responsibilities by a) developing and maintaining knowledge of, and performing job functions in compliance with, rules, regulations, policies, and statutes that affect his/her job; b) maintaining knowledge of and performing job functions in compliance with MedStar Health and MedStar Health Research Institute policies and procedures; and c) reporting compliance concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
16. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.