The Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA, LPTA) performs treatment and provides exercise instruction and patient education aimed at improving/enhancing the patient's well-being while following the established plan of care.
FULL-TIME or PRN Positions
- $5,000 Sign On Bonus for FULL-TIME
- $1,500 Sign On Bonus for PRN
- Territory: Lincoln County
Boone Memorial HomeCare, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, is at all times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing the provision of physical therapy in home care, to follow the treatment set only as defined by the Physical Therapist; to perform only those
procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, instructs and aids patients in active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait, functional, ADL, transfer, safety, and prosthetic training.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising PT, the supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; complete a progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
Education & Experience
- Current licensed, registered, or certified to assist in the practice of physical therapy in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)