POSITION SUMMARY: Provide clerical, secretarial and general personnel support and perform administrative functions in support of the overall operational objectives of Navy Recruiting Command.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct support to program administrators by providing administrative services to type, edit, and distribute a wide variety of correspondence under established guidelines and procedures.
- Prepare personal awards based on an awards template as well as engraving names and command logo on plaques in accordance with standard operating procedures. Should be proficient with SECNAV awards instruction and Navy Correspondence Manual.
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls and visitors. Schedule and plan meetings/appointments as required, including conference calls. Liaise with staff members, applicants and the general public on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain filing systems for applicant files, general correspondence, forms, reports, minutes, and other materials per direction and procedures.
- Assist with distribution, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and preparation of routine correspondence and outgoing materials as needed.
- Coordinate, compile, and maintain data for submission in monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Assist with screening, reviewing and verifying the accuracy of applicant enlistment paperwork and update applicant enlistment documents using secure automated personnel data systems as needed.
- Organize, collect, analyze, and present statistical information related to the tracking of applicants, goal attainment, and marketing analysis for both officer and enlisted programs.
- Prepare reports for Program Managers and higher level personnel, describing problems that are recurring or causing significant delays or costs, the corrective actions taken, and the need for additional time or resources needed to meet recruiting objectives.
- Obtain workload data and track progress in meeting objectives and use of resources via web-based Navy applications and other commercially available web-based programs.
- Assist in interviewing applicants to obtain basic screening information and processing applications for officer and enlisted programs using required automated online systems.
- Assist in processing applicants for departure to basic training using web-based computer systems by compiling and verifying accuracy of required documents, conducting interviews, and assisting with travel arrangements as needed.
Assist in tracking and accounting for the custody of information technology equipment and the status of software and/or hardware.
Experience: 1+ years’ experience performing routine office duties in a professional office environment. Proficient with MS Office Applications including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint Applications.
Security Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen. Employee must undergo a pre-employment credit and background check, a current DOD Favorable National Agency Check with Law and Credit (NACLC) or higher background check is preferred. Applicants that do not possess a current DOD NACLC or higher will be considered for processing by the government agency for the required NACLC based on overall qualifications, experience, credit and background criminal check. Employees are required to maintain DOD required eligibility throughout employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $16.48 /hour
- routine office: 1 year
- Military: 2 years
- Administrative Duties: 1 year