Administrative Assistant – Corporate Communications
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative support to members of the Corporate Communications Leadership Team. The Administrative Assistant will perform highly diverse administrative and project-focused duties, which by nature of the position may involve high-level contacts and exposure to confidential material necessitating the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment. The candidate must have proven skills in supporting different leaders, prioritizing and multi-tasking, as well as the ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced working environment.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to support multiple individuals at the same time, manage priorities and deliver with appropriate timelines
- Support the leadership team in managing calendars, and daily workload and facilitating their requirements in ensuring all requests are managed in a confidential, professional, and efficient manner
- Management of onboarding for new hires (staff and contractors) and vendor access to the Corporate Communications organization
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence, presentations, and/or reports as required
- Places and tracks SAP/Ariba requisitions as needed for the Corporate Communications Team
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy at all levels of management.
- Work with minimal supervision, have strong initiative, and follow-up with a focus on details.
- Maintain and organize office operations and procedures such as filing system, expense reports, requisition of supplies, and other administration services.
- Prioritizes activities and takes prompt action based on an understanding of departmental objectives and business needs.
- Adhere to T&E policies, including booking travel and monthly reconciliation of business expenses.
- Ensure manager’s preparedness for meetings e.g. assemble meeting materials, assist with PowerPoint presentations & pre-reads).
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by remaining current with CLIENT continuous learning
- Proactive management of high-profile internal & external events.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- High School degree, some college or degree desirable.
- 8 years of administrative or comparable experience, prior CLIENT and Administrative Assistant experience desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with digital communication tools (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Webex, etc).
- Knowledge of CLIENT systems and processes strongly desired (for example: Concur Travel and T&E, Ariba/SAP, Sharepoint, eSetup, Workday, Room scheduler).
- Previous Pharma or CLIENT Experience a plus
- Has strong organizational skills, pays close attention to detail and follow-up, and properly balances priorities and resources.
- Maintains a positive attitude, and a high level of productivity, and is adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize, proactively work independently and collaboratively with other administrative assistants/external partners, across organizational levels, and functions and support business needs across different time zones and during periods of heavy workload.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to competing priorities while remaining focused.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.14 per hour
Work Location: One location