Lockheed Martin has been on the leading edge of space and defense innovation for over 100 years. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day, we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the nation’s biggest challenges. Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection, and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are a hardworking self-starter who is eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Publications Coordinator within our Proposal Operations Team.
As a member of the Proposal Operations team (East Coast, Central, and West Coast locations), you will support Lockheed Martin Space in our pursuits, such as:
Summary of key duties for this position:
- Key defense initiatives, such as ballistic missile, reentry, interceptor and directed energy systems to keep the future safe
- Human and robotic deep space exploration, communications and weather and remote sensing
- Next generation Global Positioning Satellites
- Communication systems for the protection of the United States
- Advanced development concepts and technologies
- You contribute exceptional formatting skills to a technical Publications environment and demonstrate sound judgment in managing all aspects of complex technical report production.
- You use typesetting and design expertise under general direction to solve formatting and coordination issues effectively while interacting with all levels of staff.
- You ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- You provide formatting and file preparation support for assigned deliverables.
- You deliver formatting guidance to authors and peers, acting as an advisor on project-, program-, and industry-specific style guides, standards, or templates.
- You maintain project status and provide reporting to internal customers and management as requested.
- You respond clearly to information requests in a timely manner.
- You provide other Publications support services as required.
- You are able to work extended hours as required.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
Benefits of Employment:
Innovative engineering, pioneering science and advanced technology are what make every day at Lockheed Martin Space spectacular. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
We enjoy a robust package of benefits, on-site campus perks, and the opportunities of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and recognition
- Experience coordinating documents through Publications processes, such as: collaborating with document authors; formatting Word documents to specified standards; organizing files and establishing file naming conventions; coordinating work distribution with peers under a deadline; working with Graphic Artists or Production/Reprographics staff; etc.
- Proven experience managing multiple deadlines in a priority-based organization.
- Proven experience in desktop publishing (formatting) in Microsoft Word, including familiarity with template-based styles.
- Competency in general software skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven time management skills, including the ability to set internal achievement goals or deadlines to stay on schedule for long-term assignments.
- Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, peers, and customers in a manner that sustains a positive working relationship.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance if hired.
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
- Experience working with Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, particularly those issued from government customers.
- Experience writing or maintaining house- and project-specific Publications style guides.
- Experience working with documents through the Microsoft SharePoint platform.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Familiarity with technical editing and copyediting skills, including knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, one voice flow, and organizing technical content in a logical and consistent manner.
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style editorial standards.
- Experience copywriting.
- Experience working in aerospace, defense, or a related field.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.