WHY JOIN US
Hillsborough County Government provides employees with careers that are both professionally and personally rewarding. With a wide range of independent agencies to choose from, the opportunities within Hillsborough County Government are endless! You are not just an employee within the government, you are an ambassador and business partner making a huge impact within our community that helps shape our future.
WHY WE EXIST
Our mission is to provide effective quality service at a reasonable cost with courtesy, integrity and accountability in a manner that protects and enhances the quality of life of our diverse population.
Bachelor's Degree with a major in any Business or Computer related field; and
Five (5) years of experience as an Oracle Applications Functional Analyst, or similarity titled Enterprise Resource Analyst.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience (not less than a high school diploma that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below:
- Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity
- Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
Success through Teamwork
- Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Sedentary work -
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Takes a lead role in work groups developed to collaborate with ESQA and line department staff in Procurement related process development and improvement enhancements/projects.
- Sets-up and maintains County’s “punch outs” (electronic catalogue contracts).
- Supports and trains procurement staff and monitors supplier administrator activities.
- Serves as the Procurement Department’s functional lead for Oracle EBS automated processes including those supporting bids, requests for proposals, supplier feedback, etc.
- Develops and maintains thorough understanding of Oracle EBS procurement processes and related modules/integrations and business processes through independent research and collaboration/communication with all levels of staff from requisition initiators to purchase order approvers/buyers in order to provide direction and hands-on end-to-end analysis of complex issues.
- Develops system documentation, user manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Manages multiple concurrent projects.
- Works in collaboration with ESQA staff, utilizing a combination of subject matter, technical and functional experts to isolate, identify and troubleshoot issues, collaborate to develop work-arounds and long-term solutions, and optimize system performance, processes and procedures.
- Develops and manages project scopes, timelines and action plans.
- Tracks systems issues and partners with ESQA to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development of standard reports for ongoing departmental needs. Maintains procurement services intranet site and develops new web content.
- Trains and supports departmental users in use of applications and procedures.
- Analyzes and tests application functions and modules to evaluate and recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Serves as technical liaison between procurement services, ESQA and IIO.
- Assists in the administration of iSupplier master data records.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of planning, formulating, analyzing and implementing management and programmatic policies and strategies.
- Knowledge of business processes that impact system user operations and functionality.
- Knowledge of analysis and research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of procurement practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of information technologies utilized to support user functionality.
- Knowledge of standard Information Technology Infrastructure Technology (ITIL) practices.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of government.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team having diverse responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Ability to analyze work processes, procedures and workflows to implement efficiencies.
- Ability to exhibit stellar customer service.
- Ability to carry out strategic planning and budgeting activities.
- Ability to work proactively and effectively with the County’s Enterprise Solutions & Quality Assurance (ESQA) Department to support Procurement functions and to work collaboratively with ESQA and end users (internal County staff and suppliers) to identify and recommend system improvements and take an integral role in the testing of solutions.
- Ability to serve as the first line of support in troubleshooting end user Procurement related system issues. Reports complex and/or systemic system issues, often involving other areas such as fiscal to ESQA, and becomes an integral member of the team that will troubleshoot and resolve issues with either a short-term solution or a longer term project implementation.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*