The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? We invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, be a part of Environment Health & Safety (EH&S) team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours - as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an EH&S Manager to be part of our mission. Reporting to the Senior EH&S Manager for LM Space, in this role you will be responsible for the implementation of all environmental, safety, & health programs supporting operations within the state of Colorado. As the EH&S Manager:
- You will lead staff of EH&S professionals supporting all programs at sites throughout Colorado and within the region.
- You will develop and execute strategic direction of environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, and Environmental Health & Safety compliance for Space in the region.
- You’ll establish continuous improvement plans and work closely with site leaders and employees to drive an injury free environment and deliver strong Environment Health & Safety performance.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
- Paid time off
- 25 three-day weekends
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Strong environmental, safety, and health background in an industrial environment with business acumen and operations knowledge
- Proven project and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven cost control and budgeting skills
- Broad ESH experience and general awareness and experience working a variety of ESH issues
- United States citizenship
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with polygraph
- Extensive leadership experience (managing or leading a professional staff/team for at least 5-7 years)
- Demonstrated full spectrum leadership skills including experience engaging and motivating a team
- Strong background in managing multiple environmental, health, and safety programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with ESH programs in support of industrial, manufacturing, or high technology operations
- Professional certifications in the field of Environmental, Safety and Health, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience managing ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and/or OSHA VPP programs
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma processes (Black or Green Belt is preferred)
- Proven performance in a dynamic work environment
- Customer service oriented
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.