We are a Long Island based multi-disciplinary firm with expertise in the NYC hospitality industry seeking a sharp level headed, highly organized, versatile, team-oriented person.
We have a small closely integrated team allowing for a broad professional experience, great learning environment and plenty of room to expand your career. You will be well-rounded with excellent technical, design and documentation skills. Have the ability to manage, develop and produce a complete set of construction documents for large NYC projects, work independently, as part of a team and to lead when necessary.
- Schematic blocking, planning and construction documents.
- Specification and construction detailing.
- Work on 2-4 simultaneous project at different phases of development.
- CA submittals, RFI’s, site meetings and field reports.
- Delegate work assignments based on project scope and team member’s skill set.
- Working independently, as a team and the ability to lead junior staff.
- Professionalism to work with in house and external consultant team members.
- Manage client relationship.
- Project scheduling. Ability to travel to NYC for site/client meetings (travel expenses reimbursed).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- 5 to 10 years of Professional experience in all stages of design and construction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and members of the project team both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present design ideas using a variety of graphic presentation skills including hand sketching and a mastery of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Adobe CS, MS word, Excel and a good working ability in illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to conduct research independently and specify project specific materials and building components.
- Ability to complete and coordinate a set of detailed and thorough construction documents for large scale multi and mixed use projects.
- Ability to administer construction, including raveling to site meetings, coordinating the work of MEPSFA, Structural, additional consultants and reviewing shop drawings.
- Familiarity of NYC building codes and ADA and ANSI requirements.
- Self-motivated, energetic, highly organized and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, while welcoming both interaction with the Principal and collaboration with the staff.
- Professionalism, a positive attitude,pride in your work product and a sense of humor.
- Legal work status in the US.
RWJD values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- US architectural: 7 years (Preferred)
- proficient English (Required)
- Other forms
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Paid time off