We are looking for a compassionate caregiver who will provide companionship & basic daily care to an Alzheimer's and Dementia couple who are active and enjoy the outdoors.
- Provides assistance to residents with bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, dining, and other activities of daily living; including light housekeeping and laundry service as needed.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Serves as the staff and family resource when the Director of Resident Care is unavailable or away from the building.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Director of Resident Care to review any resident, family, & staff issues or concerns.
- Accesses and uses care plans daily and immediately submits changes to appropriate personnel.
- Adheres to departments documentation standards.
- Knows, understands, and adheres to resident right.
- Abide by all health and safety regulations and community standards.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Spring Cottage interdisciplinary team to review the on-going progress and implementation of resident care needs and services.
- Engages in and provides assistance in recreations with residents. This may include structured planned or spontaneous Life/Work Access activities.
Non Essential Functions:
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Attends all required training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, the achievement of safe working practices, and by practicing proper infection control measures.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of company.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Experience And Education
A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; valid certification as Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide, Alzheimer/Dementia care a plus.
Time spent in physical exertion: Standing(1/3-2/3), walking (1/3-2/3), using hands to finger, handle or feel (over 2/3),reach with hands and arms (over 2/3), climb and balance (under 1/3), stoop,kneel (under 1/3), talk or hear (over 2/3), taste or smell (under 1/3). Liftingup to 10 pounds (1/3 - 2/3), Up to 25 pounds (under 1/3); Up to 50 pounds(under 1/3); up to 100 pounds (under 1/3), more than 100 pounds (none)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Are you able to work in Leesburg, VA?
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- On call
- Overnight shift